Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Offical Team The Underdogs Thread (22) >

Offical Team The Underdogs Thread (22)

Offical Team The Underdogs Thread (22)

Old 12-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Team 22 Offical Thread

Nice work!
Old 12-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job. I doubt that I will get back out this season. Its too friggen cold here.[:@][:'(]
Old 01-07-2009, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well guy's I got out the last 2 day's of the season and yes I scored on a decent buck ,but the bad thing is he had dropped his horn's . The last day of our season and the weather conditions were crazy ,it was -12 out snowing hard at times and the winds were in the 25 to 30 range ,so it made it tough to see 20 feet in front of you at time's . I sat my friend Steve in a tree about 70yrds away and there were times I couldn't see him,anyweay's about 4:00 the deer began to roll into the uncut corn and I missed my opportunity on a decent 8 point ,just couldn't get the shot I needed ,shortly after I had several deer standing at the fence ,but just didn't want to commitn to coming into the corn. By this time my hand's are getting very cold and we only had about 1/2 hour of shooting light left ,so i had a couple does and fawn's come into the field 25 yrds in front of my ,they crossed the field in front of me and as they approached my downwind side they stopped ,even with the high wind's they suspected something was wrong ,the deer decided that they would go the other way and leave the field ,so i opted to take the largest doe of the group ,at 25 yrds I double lunged her and she ran out of the corn ,jumped the fence and ran down the field with every other deer that was in the field or waiting to go in and dropped 20yrds in front of my friend steve.I waited for about 20 minutes and then it was beginning to get dark ,visability was poor at this time and I at that point wasn't exactly sure that my deer had dropped ,so i climbed out of my stand and went to locate her before the snow covered all the sign,When i got down out of my standI turned to see 2 buck's standing not50yrds away watching me 1 8 and 1 6 point ,still with head gear. As I approached my buddy yelled at me "Great shot John, nice big doe" I agreed ,but after going over and inspecting it ,i realized that she wasn't a she and was actually a decent buck that had already shed it's horn's . Sorry i couldn't and didn't add any point's for the team ,i tried and I had a few opportunities even till the last minutes.

nubo

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v199/nubo1/?action=view&current=IMG_0266.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v199/nubo1/?action=view&current=IMG_0273.jpg