Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20) >

Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Community

Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Old 01-02-2009, 01:49 PM

Default RE: Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Heres the wifes doe and my buck both

Old 01-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats,John Deer on your job.I've been in those shoes before.What a relief on you.
Congrats,Graysonelement on your buck.There is plenty of guys with empty tags that wish they could get a shot on any buck right now.My team on AT is in first place.It is going to be a close one.I would say less than 50 points will seperate first and secound placewhen it is over.I don't think very many folks are bowhunting right now.Most have hung it up untill spring turkey season.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

Guys we have 7 bucks down.Thats as many as the defending champs that are in first place.So we can hold our heads up and know that we gave them a run.Hpefully Washington hunter scores his.The two will move us well into 4th place.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Washington's last post was on 12/9 and he logged on last on 12/28.

Hopefully he comes back!

Lot of people are kinda drifting away from the forums tho, tis the offseason for most.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah,most have called it a season and moved on.Folks don't realize how good the hunting can be in the late season.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ohio Bowhunter75

Yeah,most have called it a season and moved on.Folks don't realize how good the hunting can be in the late season.
You got that right, I killed a doe the last 2 weekends. Saw 22 deer last Sunday, 7 were bucks all small tho.

I've heard Wash got in a pissin match with Rob and he's pouting about it so he prolly won't enter his buck. He has lost my respect already for not entering it for THE TEAM.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still at it. Been seeing lots of deer, does and a couple small bucks but just not what I want. I should just take one for points but I don't think there is any way to get first anyhow.. That would be one BIG deer.. lol

I did see a really nice buck this morning though. I seen him headed back to his bed and walked past one of my other stands (oh how you sometimes question your choices).. Well he bedded so being late and all the wind was perfect for a stalk although it was in the wide open in a bean field. lol
So I got to it. Stalked and crawled to about 60 yds. using ditches and tall grass to hide. Still couldn't see him but knew he was there. Stood up to take a look and flushed a covey of quail (which probably would have happened anyway).. Well I seen him... As he was trotting off away from me..
Old deer and maybe a 150 class buck.. I couldn't believe it but I tell you it was still a lot of fun..

headed back out now.. See ya guys!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, wonder what happened?

I was scrolling threw the pages here and noticed that Dan's post about the buck he killed was deleted. It goes from 11/23/08 on page 36 to 11/28/08 on page 37. Everything got deleted between those dates.

You can check it out for yourself. I have know clue as to what happened. Hopefully Rob can clarify what went down.

With Rickey's buck we now have a total of 536 4/8. Thats enough for 4th place.

Even with Dan's buck, I don't know if we wouldhave made 3rd place. His buck would have had to score atleast 75 6/8 to tie.

Still a damn good season if you ask me! Congrats to all of you, it's been fun!
Old 01-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

First deerLESS hunt of the season last night!

Still after 'em, though.

Best of luck guys!
Old 01-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

No complants from me.We've put a few on the ground and gave them a run.

Quick Reply: Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.