Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20) >

Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Community

Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Old 11-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

The warm messed me up a bit this weekend, I didn't see a buck all weekend. Lots of doe, finally decided to shoot one for a little meat.. I may pull a couple all day sits this weekend if I can stand to do it.. Cold front, chasing, corn coming out.. Who knows if any big guys will show but there should be plenty of movement..
Old 11-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Typical Buck

I'm seeing some little guys runin the girls around.The does were still packing fawns around with them.I only saw one buck this morning a 2 yr old 8 pointer,he was cross checking trails.I had to call it a short night,the kitchen sink decided to spring a leak.I got it fixed and now the wife is after some horn up in the turnip plot.I did'nt have time to make it anyplace else.Hopefully another all dayer tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Spike

Seen 1 spike several days ago. This evening5 big does, 8 little yearlings....No goodhorns yet, hope something happens soon, I need to kill something!!![:@]. Might have to thin out some of them does this weekend.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

My sightings really slowed down when the weather heated up. But I did see a nice 10 pointer yesterday morning. This cold front coming thru Thursday should really kick things into high gear. This weekend is gonna be the time to sit all day and have an arrow knocked. It could happen at any time.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out yesterday evening even though the wind was 20mph out of the south and it was 70+ degrees. Before I went to the stand I checked the other side of the property that's about a mile from my primary hunting spot. I've had a camera set up for about a week and I wanted to check and see if there had been any activity. The camera had 335 pics on it in one week.As I scrolled through the pics I found several of a monster 10pt and a few of a nice 8. There were several of smaller 6's and forkhorns. They were still bachelored up. I replaced the card and put some steps in a good looking tree that overlooks the funnel they are traveling. There were several rubs that weren't there last week when I put the camera out. All pics of the good bucks were at night, but I know it's just a short time before they start moving during daylight hours. It really got me pumped! I believe he's a solid upper 140's class buck which is a monster for around here! Anyway, I left the area to hunt my primary spot as the conditions weren't good for hanging around there the rest of the evening. I had two does come out approx 45 minutes before dark and they fed around till I had to get down. It's been extremely warm and windy here for the last week, but the temps are going to start to drop later this week and I'm sure the bucks will be moving.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Typical Buck

Well,I screwed up.I shot one last night without the proper amount of time to truely judge him.I had heard what sounded like deer running earlier.Finnally 30 minutes late and right at dark here he came still running another deer in thick cover across the creek from me.Next thing I new,the buck was across the dry creek up the saddle and through my first shooting lane.He never stopped and I released just as he was exiting my last shooting lane.I hit him on a hard quartering shot.One more step and he was gone.He dropped 40 yards away.He had a good size body and decent mass.I thought he had more size in the low light.It was fast,in a few secounds it had started and ended.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

nice buck!!
Old 11-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ohio, that's a good buck buddy. I know how fast it can happen. Last year I shot one with my rifle that was chasing a doe. As he chased her across an open area I had to decide quick and I made the shot. Sometimes it just happens that way. Congratulations bud!
Old 11-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck! Congrats!

Old 11-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

I entered him to the score card this afternoon.121 5/8 gross inches for the team.

Quick Reply: Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.