Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20) >

Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Community

Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Old 09-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

It's a Moultrie I40. The only thing I don't like about it, is when in the Infrared mode the pics are blacka nd white. And it takesw a lot of light to get it off of IR.

On another note. I lust got back in from shooting a dozen arrows. The hand is good to go for the opener on Monday. Now all I have to do is get the remnants of Huricane Ike out of here before then. It's supposede to rain all weekend and Monday too.

It's still a little tender. I feel some pressure when I pull back my bow. But the cut is healed over tight. When the adrenaline kicks in I am sure I won't feel a thing drawing on a deer.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:57 AM

Glad to hear the hand is doing better, bud. Get out there and stick a big one for us on Monday.

As for me, I'll be at 6,500 feet glassing some velvet antlered mulies.

If I happen to stick one and can find cell service this side of Canada, I'll leak the good news to a couple guys for y'all.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure that mulie is a big one Dan. Remember the multiplier, your gonna loose some inches.Just kidding, shoot whatever you want and we will all be happy for ya!!

Wait, just call it a Blacktail. Then we gain inches.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Letit rain, let it rain....

Today was the Wisconsin opener and hearing from a few other guys around the state, rain was the only thing dropping in the woods.

I'll be out Monday afternoon when all this weather gets outa here.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck guys. I've still got a couple of more weeks to practice shooting and moving stands before my opener. John, it's good to hear that your hand is healing up. Dan, good luck with those mulies. I've always wanted to do a western muley hunt.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:16 PM

Come on out one of these years, we'll see if we can't set you up on one!
Old 09-14-2008, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad our season didn't open today. I would not have been in a tree. We have gotten 3.5 inches of rain from the remnants of Hurricane Ike so far and it's not done yet. It is suppose to stop later today and be nice tomorrow for the opener. Now I just have to figure out which stands I can still get to. I hunt around a lot of small creeks here.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

We got very little rain and need it badly.A few light showers that lasted a few minutes.It sounds like everyone is amped and ready.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am going to wait till the afternoon to start my season guys. I just don't trust crossing a couple of creeks and ditches I need to in the darkness after 4 inches of rain today. I will get out there first thing after work so I can see where I am going and how deep the water is.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:43 AM

Sorry it's been so long since i checked in i own a taxidermy business here in texas an been busy between that and killing hogs (darn things are literally eating my deer feeders) our season opens the 27th an im taking a trip to the panhandle on oct 6-9 so we will see what happens i live in a bow only county (the only one in texas) so we have big deer but we will see what happens i want to win this thing for once so lets get them guys

Quick Reply: Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.