Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Community

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 10-08-2008, 11:30 AM

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

Well, my guide friend is back from a successful goat hunt (clients took 2 billies). It looks like we're a go for another crack at the reindeer herd and some deer hunting. He's still fleshing out the details but it looks like we'll head out on Sat. or Sunday.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

How does a Reindeer score accorcing to the rules?? LOL Good luck man sounds awesome.

Well my new farm was a great sit, truly it was, but alas I'm 0-7. Talked to the landowner at dark. He watched 6 doe (some young'ens)on the other side of the farm. And the night before he watched 4 bucks come from where I was. No monsters in terms of score but 6's and 8's. My plan may be to head back there tomorrow evening and then leave the stand there for Friday Morning. (I'm off Friday). I've never had a dry spell like this. If the first deer I see is a shooter buck i'll probably fall from my stand .
Old 10-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Well, my guide friend is back from a successful goat hunt (clients took 2 billies). It looks like we're a go for another crack at the reindeer herd and some deer hunting. He's still fleshing out the details but it looks like we'll head out on Sat. or Sunday.
I hope you get out and get some archery redemption!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

How does a Reindeer score accorcing to the rules?? LOL Good luck man sounds awesome.

Well my new farm was a great sit, truly it was, but alas I'm 0-7. Talked to the landowner at dark. He watched 6 doe (some young'ens)on the other side of the farm. And the night before he watched 4 bucks come from where I was. No monsters in terms of score but 6's and 8's. My plan may be to head back there tomorrow evening and then leave the stand there for Friday Morning. (I'm off Friday). I've never had a dry spell like this. If the first deer I see is a shooter buck i'll probably fall from my stand .
Put it to one!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:34 PM

I don't know whom needs more redemption, me or Bob. Shoot us a slob Bob and I'll do the same. Just confirmed that we have a flight service lined up it's just a matter of going down Monday or Tuesday. Pray for good weather guys. That's the only thing that could screwus now. My backup bow is dialed in and drilling the center out of the target with broadheads at 40 (as far as I shot them) and dropping every field point I shot into the killzone out to 60. Heck, if we don't go until Tuesday I might even have time to get the DXT dialed in if it comes into Anchorage tomorrow and I can get it over here by Sat. I'm pumped!

Bob, I thought about entering my reindeer 2 years ago but thought a score of 348 might make people raise an eyebrow.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

There's nothing more healing than spending some quiet time in the outdoors.
Isn't that the truth. I took 6 years off from archery and I missed it every year. I did hunt rifle season in December but that is just not the same as hunting the fall. Being back in the woods the past 2 years has really helped me deal with a lot of things. The beauty of hunting this time of the year is that you can sit in a tree all day long and think about everything or nothing at all.I watch animals going about their daily routines and think about how simple their lives are and how complicated I can make my own when it does not have to be. I think I have read somewhere that "being in the woods is about as close to heaven as a human will ever get while they are alive".

I work in the city and ride a train to work and often there are young inner city kids on the train riding out into the suburbs and it's surprising the things that they are amazed about seeing for the first time. Even a river or inlet is a big deal and seeing ducks or geese really lights up their faces. Stuff many people take for granted every day like it's no big deal. Sorry for rambling guys but when it comes to talking about being in the woods it gets me pumped.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dave,

I think you summed up my feelings very nicely. I live in a semi-rural area and it never ceases to amaze me how beautiful everything is if folks just stop to take a look around. Speaking of which, I went out last night with my oldest (6). We only got out from 4:30 to a little after 6:00. It got dark early yesterday evening (weather maybe?). Surprisingly, no luck. We did not see a tail while we were out hunting. Now, on the ride home through the Gamelands and some private land there were several deer out feeding in the fields including two nice buck. My guess is that things will change starting this Saturday. It is the beginning of our "youth pheasant hunt" and the Game Commission stocks about 500 birds on the neighboring gamelands. With that many guys walking around with dogs the deer usually high tail it over to the piece of land I am now hunting. Still, I will give it a go Friday evening too.

Kodiak,

Yeah, I think some people might notice that score.....then again, maybe not.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

Dave,

I think you summed up my feelings very nicely. I live in a semi-rural area and it never ceases to amaze me how beautiful everything is if folks just stop to take a look around. Speaking of which, I went out last night with my oldest (6). We only got out from 4:30 to a little after 6:00. It got dark early yesterday evening (weather maybe?). Surprisingly, no luck. We did not see a tail while we were out hunting. Now, on the ride home through the Gamelands and some private land there were several deer out feeding in the fields including two nice buck. My guess is that things will change starting this Saturday. It is the beginning of our "youth pheasant hunt" and the Game Commission stocks about 500 birds on the neighboring gamelands. With that many guys walking around with dogs the deer usually high tail it over to the piece of land I am now hunting. Still, I will give it a go Friday evening too.

Kodiak,

Yeah, I think some people might notice that score.....then again, maybe not.
Good luck pa! I will be out sunday eve as the wife is on call and on OT at the hospital for the next few days!
Old 10-10-2008, 05:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Oh, to be able to hunt Sundays in PA. Hopefully some time in my lifetime. I wish you luck if I do not type to you before then.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:58 AM

They got rid of the ban on Sunday hunting in NY years ago. I'm surprised that you guys in PA haven't followed suit yet. Get a few dozen of you together and go sit in a woodlot with your camo and bows on a Sunday and have a good old hippie style "hunt-in". They couldn't really arrest you for hunting since you're not pursuing game (any more than you would be if it were 3D shoot). But it might bring some attention to the absurdity of the issue. You can go to a bar and shoot as much whiskey as you want but you can't shoot a deer? C'mon! (Okay, I'll settle down now...)

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.