Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Community

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 10-03-2008, 05:04 PM

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

Well Adam, You gonna make it?

To offset my inability to get out right now I just ordered a new Mathews DXT that should be here late next week. Maybe I should've dropped that cash on another bush plane flight but it sure is going to be sweet to be packing a 4 lb. bow into the mountains after goats in November instead of a 7 pounder. Anyone in the market for a backup bow? I'm getting rid of my '06 Old Glory: $300.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will make it.....9 hours and I will be getting up and with luck in 12 hours I will be on with a BDD report!!!
Old 10-04-2008, 01:25 PM

And...?
Old 10-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

Even GR8 has not been in here in a while. It's seems like 3 or 4 of us are here all the time out of 10 guys.
I'm still here, Guys!!!

Old 10-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

And...?
I saw my big doe as planned....she came in hot as if someone had bumped her on the next property....hit the skids in an opening, I started going through the works 100 mph, arrow left as the pin settled, and about 10 feet from her it kicked upwards, ticked the top of her back and went crashing through the trees....my head has been hung in shame for the rookie mistake of not picking up the twig in my sight picture...at least I didn't gut shoot her..
Old 10-05-2008, 12:18 AM

Well, it could've been worse. At least it's out of your system with little harm done. I spent the afternoon with a hot doe as well, out on the boat fishing for halibut.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well Guys not much to report. Seasons been in a week. I've had 5 sits in some awesome places with good set-ups and favorable winds and so far I have a grand total of zero deer sightings! I've seen 2 fox, countless other critters and not a single deer, 4 different properties and 5 unique set-ups,unbelievable. Hunting huh..wow. OH I did see a P&Y Class 8 point yesterday morning, from my truck, on the way to a golf outing. LOL

Fear not, I'll be out this afternoon, my wife and I are debating using the secret "Good Luck" tactic, but the season is still young!
Old 10-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a spike walk 14 yds from my stand at first light and stop broadside 3 times. Then had a fawn pass by and her mother right afterward. They both stopped and the fawn fed off the mother for a while. Pretty cool watching that. Could have shot the mother or fawn but decided to let both walk.

I've seen about 1,000 squirrel since the season opened. I'll be back out Friday and Saturday with a better understanding of where I want to be.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:54 PM

Sounds like a cool encounter Dave. That's something I haven't seen yet.

Gr8, I'm not sure I even want to know what the secret good luck tactic is but put it to good use!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Guys,

Did you see the last buck entered in the scorecard? The flippin' thing went in the mid 190's..and I am not talkin' weight here.

On a more realistic note, I got out for our first day this past Saturday. I managed to haul my butt up to one of my blinds. It wasn't as bad as I thought considering the stream crossing. In the morning I had two small bucks anda doe within shooting range of my stand. It is very tight quarters there. I am going to have to post some pics of the area so you guys understand what I am talking about here. 20 yards is a long shot in this type of environment. Saturday afternoon/evening I saw five more doe but no shots...again because of the distance and the fear of spooking them. I did not see a shooter buck but one of my buddies managed to see a nice 120's 8 pointer when walking back into his stand around 11:30 in the morning.

I look forward to seeing how all of the rest of you are doing. I probably won't get back out again until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest.

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.