Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Community

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 10-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

They got rid of the ban on Sunday hunting in NY years ago. I'm surprised that you guys in PA haven't followed suit yet. Get a few dozen of you together and go sit in a woodlot with your camo and bows on a Sunday and have a good old hippie style "hunt-in". They couldn't really arrest you for hunting since you're not pursuing game (any more than you would be if it were 3D shoot). But it might bring some attention to the absurdity of the issue. You can go to a bar and shoot as much whiskey as you want but you can't shoot a deer? C'mon! (Okay, I'll settle down now...)
I agree!
Old 10-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

Hey fellas things have settled down here and now I can get serious about some hunting. Saw Antler Eater last night heading out for a p.m. hunt. It looks like sunday morning will be my 1st opportunity. Good luck guys and I will do my beat to bring a good one home for The Tree Sharks.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Spike

Default RE: Official Team Tree Sharks (2) Thread

Ive passed some really good deer in the last two days of hunting. Holding out for something thats makes me know its a shooter.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:38 PM

Default RE: Official Team Tree Sharks (2) Thread

Had my bow all dialed in on Thursday then all of a sudden "kabluwie!", shots start going way low while shooting yesterday. I looked at all of my marks and it appears that the QAD got pulled downor knocked out of alignment in combination with the string elongating a little. I spent a bit putting it back in today and it's dropping them in there again out to 60. I'm good to go. My bag's just about packed and all we need to do is swing by and grab some grub for a week and we'll be out of here! Still looking like Monday but if I suddenly dissappear for a while you'll know I'm chasing points for the board, and a new WR reindeer. Best of luck to all you southerners! (Which to me is all of you!)
Old 10-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Spike

Default RE: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Ive been passing some Hogs latley........year of the Booner I hope
Old 10-12-2008, 01:54 PM

ORIGINAL: medicsnoke

...year of the Booner I hope
Yeah, I hope too! Good luck! (My last buckwill netjust 10" shy of B&C.)

Looks like the weather (wind) is going to hold us until Tues. morning. I'll be gone from then until Sunday.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:23 AM

Looks like we're on standby to get out'ta here tomorrow. Best of luck to you guys this week!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good Luck on them Santa's Sleigh Pullers! Sounds like big fun! I'm heading out of town too.. somewhat less glamorous, but just as fun none-the-less.

I'll be pulling out Weds night to head up to our Camp in Clarion Pa, for the remainder of the week. Hunting with Dad and my Uncle. I gotta tell ya guys, I'll shoot a much lesser buck in PA than I would in Ohio. But if thats where my chance comes first, we'll have to take what we can.

We need to break the ice.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I wish you guys luck when you get out. It sounds like things are really picking up for this crew.

Speaking of which, I almost had a buck entry this past Saturday. It is a bit of a sad story that I do not want to get into right now. However, I still have high hopes for the rest of the season. With the cold front coming through Friday looks like it could be an excellent day to be out in the woods. I am taking off from work to be out there. I have a really nice spot that I am dialing in for the perfect treestand location. I hope to head up Thursday night to give the area the once over and hang the stand. Friday morning could be the day.

Wish me luck.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll be in PA myself, looking forward to the cool weather. Let's see if we can put some Bone on the board!

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.