Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Community

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 10-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

I learned tonight that deer can hear a phone vibrate.[&o] 6:20 PM in the stand watching 7 trails in shooting range. My phone starts vibrating and I hear something crashing through the saplings behind me. I turn to see a white flag with a rack headed South.[:@] I threw the phone at it! (and it was a bugger to find again when I was done hunting. Motorola makes sturdy phones as it still works.
ok.....who was it that called you...
Old 10-03-2008, 02:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

We all know it was you Tony trying to sabotage our team efforts
Old 10-03-2008, 03:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

We all know it was you Tony trying to sabotage our team efforts
LOL ...you guys are my choice to come in second!
Old 10-03-2008, 05:56 AM

I'm headed out this evening. The wife gets home from work about 515, and by 516 we'll be on the road. I'm pretty excited about this hunt, it should be really good. The weather is going to cooperate, and this farm is just loaded with deer. Keep your fingers crossed ya'll.....

Good luck to all you guys that are out hunting this weekend. I won't be back on until Monday.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

I'm headed out this evening. The wife gets home from work about 515, and by 516 we'll be on the road. I'm pretty excited about this hunt, it should be really good. The weather is going to cooperate, and this farm is just loaded with deer. Keep your fingers crossed ya'll.....

Good luck to all you guys that are out hunting this weekend. I won't be back on until Monday.

I'll be praying for you, Don!! I hope I can drum up something better that a Rob buck ......sorry Germ!
Old 10-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Was in the stand @ 4:00 PM today (Yeah, its early, I know). The wind was real light out of the East. The stand I sat in was on the West side of the timber. I got settled in and at 5:30, a redtailed hawk landed on a limb not 10' from me. We enjoyed each others company for a while and then he took off and swooped down, plucked a rat out of the weeds and flew off to the West. About 6:50, a crow started cawing and in no time at all there were 30 of them cawing and swooping into the woods at something. They kept at whatever their target was non-stop. As this was going on 2 does and a fawn came stampeding out of the woods next to the stand and stopped 15' from me. I could have shot one of the does and got the fawn with the same arrow, but I was more interested in the 8 pointer who stopped about 25 yards inside the timber. I did not have a shot at him due to the junk between him and me, so I just stood there and waited. I figured since the does had calmed down and started browsing, he would follow them out. After a few minutes, he looked back to the East again and took off North. I stood there and watched into the woods but did not see anything that would alarm them. I looked back at the does and they were casually walking and browsing to the South. I stayed in the stand until it was dark and then made my way out. Interesting evening, but I was somewhat let down by the buck being unwilling to follow the does. Tomorrow, I'm off to the North side of the timber where there is a meadow usually with lots of deer and it's the last place I saw Ole Grandpa. Hope you all are having better luck than me. GO GET THEM!!!!
Old 10-04-2008, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

(cricket noises) Sure got quiet here!
Old 10-04-2008, 10:42 PM

Hey Guys it was a great day today here in PA. Big doe down for PA Hardwoods.

Took her at about 18yds, Perfect double lung shot she only went 100yds max and expired. Took her at about 6:45pm. I've been wondering what my heavy arrow and Extreme FOC setup was gonna do if given the chance well I have to say it performed perfectly. (29" Gold Tip Series 22 arrow with 220grn Muzzy Phantom Broadhead, 520 total arrow weight with 21% FOC) Well the arrow busted completely though a rib on the entrance and passed completely though the doe and burried halfway into the dirt. You could honestly hear how hard that arrow hit her. There was a seriously loud thud when it hit. And I was amazed at the penetration into the dirt due to the ground in this location being so rocky. Well without further ado, Here are some pics.

Me and My litttle hunting buddy. My Hunting Buddy Jeff's 7yr old grandson Ethan. This kid is gonna be a die hard bowhunter. He loves it.

Here is One with Just me

Happiness is an arrow covered from tip to tail in Bright pink blood

Entrance Wound

Exit Wount

Old 10-05-2008, 04:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good job PA, congrats.
Gave a pass to a doe at 12 yrds last evening. Was 3/4 mile back in and by myself so she was lucky.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

PA Congrats!!!! Now that we have gotten a few does out of the way looks like it is about time to start putting some points on the board!!!

Heading out west tommorow morning will be there in time to hunt my evening stand that I shot my buck out of last year!!!!! Looks like light rain the first night then clear skies for the rest of the week so we will have to see!!

I will not be back on here until I get back next weekend. I wish the best of luck to all of you and hopefully I can come back with some points for the ole' score board!!!

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.