Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Community

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 10-02-2008, 03:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

At my wife's father funeral yesterday I got a great lead on a place no one hunts and 4 bucks seem to come out to a pond every morning. This place is behind an industrial area where my brother in law works right outside of Baltimore. Am going in there Sat afternoon. Stubs, stay on them, they didn't go far, not yet anyway.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:19 AM

Coop.......it's your year man, I can feel it. You're gonna lay one down this year, it's almost a certainty.

Rick, sorry to hear about your father in law. There seems to be a bad rash of that running rampant this year. Good luck this weekend......

Man, I really feel like we've got a good shot at this thing this year.....We've got some good guys here, with some really good properties......
Old 10-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

stubb you guys are allowed to hunt over feeder up there in Ohio?
Yip, one of the few states where you can hunt over as much bait as you wish.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

hey guys, well the first day of season has come and gone, i went out in the afternoon seen 8 deer 1 small buck, out about 60 yrds not a shooter but a buck none the less. had a few does come right by me at about 30yrds munching acorns as they fed down the ridge. it sure was nice to be back out in the woods, especially now with the leaves all colorfull. i wont be back out till friday evening.

dstubb, hang in there man, with a little luck he will be back i know the feeling man ive been there, with one particullar long tined 8 point i rattled in.

Af hunter,,,,sounds like you got a another great spot,,how did your sit go last evening?

Rick,,,sorry to hear about your father in law, sounds like a great spot too.

Man, I really feel like we've got a good shot at this thing this year.....We've got some good guys here, with some really good properties
me too mowbow, lets win this thing guys!

Old 10-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: dstubb

stubb you guys are allowed to hunt over feeder up there in Ohio?
Yip, one of the few states where you can hunt over as much bait as you wish.
yeah it is a 50$ fine if you get caught hunting within 100yds of a feeder that is just sitting in the stand if you get caught shooting a deer within a 100yds of a feeder you can pretty much kiss your hunting career goodbye here in nebraska!!!!

A guy here thought he was slick one year set out a feeder measured out 100 yds put a stand 10yds beyond that and hunted out of that stand. all fine and and dandy well the deer that he was shooting were eating at the feeder!!! the guy actually got away with it because the law never said anything about shooting a deer within 100yds, you just couldn't have a feeder within a 100 yds of your stand!!! They change the wording right after that!!!! lol

Went out this morning only had one fawn come into the stand!!! I think the stand I have been huting in is really going to heat up during the chase phase here in a couple weeks so I am going to back off of it until then. heading out west monday morning buddy says he has seen a couple of big buck out there 160-190" so hopefully they will get to hear some hoyt string music!!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rick - Sorry to hear about your father in law.
Palmer - Gonna stick one while out West, RIGHT??? or Do I have to make that an order!?!?!?
Mobow - Quit working so much and get out there!
Finner - Don't come back home until you have one!
PA - Hello?, that guy disappears more than Houdini did.
Stubbisaurus - I know you have it in ya, be the first one on our block to bring some points in!!!!

Last night sucked...All the deer used the ridgeline to head to the corn instead of the valley. Saw tons of deer 120 out but I can't get any closer to the trail they were using 'cause some of them were bedding right there. But, the skeeters scored big time on me last night. Going back to the East Stand (winds out of the West) in a couple of hours to give 'er heck again.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Last night sucked...All the deer used the ridgeline to head to the corn instead of the valley. Saw tons of deer 120 out but I can't get any closer to the trail they were using 'cause some of them were bedding right there. But, the skeeters scored big time on me last night.
Quit yer complainin' old man .... sheesh!!!!!![>:][:-]
Old 10-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Last night sucked...All the deer used the ridgeline to head to the corn instead of the valley. Saw tons of deer 120 out but I can't get any closer to the trail they were using 'cause some of them were bedding right there. But, the skeeters scored big time on me last night.
Quit yer complainin' old man .... sheesh!!!!!![>:][:-]
Not only is he a thread tramp, now he's stalking me too!!! Where's a cop when you need one????
Old 10-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, it's 3:30 PM. I'm going to go gear up, spray down, and walk to the stand that I think will be my best chance at being productive today. The winds are out of the West at about 15 - 20 mph. I'd love to get in closer to where I was yesterday, but do not think it's possible without bumping them out of their bedding area. Everyone have a safe evening and lets see some results soon! GB & GS. Coop

PS, b4 I forget, the neighbor gave me a 5' square steel frame today. I'm going to get it in place and build an enclosed stand on it. I know 5' off the ground ain't much, but I plan to build it this year and use it next year. A completely enclosed stand with shooting ports would be SWEEEEEET!
Old 10-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I learned tonight that deer can hear a phone vibrate.[&o] 6:20 PM in the stand watching 7 trails in shooting range. My phone starts vibrating and I hear something crashing through the saplings behind me. I turn to see a white flag with a rack headed South.[:@] I threw the phone at it! (and it was a bugger to find again when I was done hunting. Motorola makes sturdy phones as it still works.

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.