Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 09-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

Well boys I will be home on the 24th and in the woods by the 26th!!!!! Can't wait!!!

Stubb sorry about the loss of power I know how you feel brother we had a blizard take out our power up in SD for over a week!!! luckly we had a yard generator that hooked up to the PTO of a tractor to power the water heaters for the cattle and power to the milk barn!!! Hang in there though it will get better.

AF- sound like you had a good sight seeing day!!! Just one of the things that I love about deer hunting,

Mr. October- nice encounter with that black bear!!!! Wouldn't mind going on a bear hunt up there sometime heard it is a pretty good time
Old 09-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: palmergt3

Well boys I will be home on the 24th and in the woods by the 26th!!!!! Can't wait!!!
That is great man. Glad to hear you only have 7 days left.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:31 AM

Let me just be the first to say........Welcome home. Thank you for all you've done.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

Stubb, hope all works out. after having to make room in the frezzer it is the time of year to filler back up.
reach out if there is anything we could do.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

Palmer,

Thank you for the service, I had a box of magizines,mouth wash toothpaste soap ect. my wife and myself were making up but had no place to send it tois this somethingyourself or the folks your with might have a use for.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:51 AM

Well crew......I hope to have my new modem this evening, so I'll be back online at home. Yeah, I know...I've said this once before, but ATT assures me they sent out the modem on Tuesday. And Coop........They did NOT charge us for the last 3 weeks.

I'm not sure if i'll be going out tonight or tomorrow evening, but I'll be out at least a few times this weekend. One of the farms I'll be hunting I got a picture of a 140 class 9 point, who knows.....Maybe he'll saunter past my stand one evening. I would like to hunt Sunday morning in the spot I passed the doe the other evening, but I have to wait and watch the weather.....Right now, it's a marginal wind, and I'm not messing that spot on a marginal wind....So we'll see.

Anyone else hunting this weekend?
Old 09-18-2008, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will be out tomorrow afternoon thru Sunday morning. After that I will be heading out east with my wife for a fall colors vacation. Neither of us have ever been out there so we are looking forward to it. I learned last year that you can seriously overhunt an area. I have the 80 acres but only about 50 of it is woods. Last year I hunted more than I ever have out there and I saw less deer than ever. Just fewer and fewer every weekend. The year before we saw more than ever and we hunted real heavy early and then backed out until mid October again. So I will be doing that again this year. After this weekend I will not be back out there until October 10th. Oct 16-19 there is a 4 day doe only gun season. You can use bow but still doe only. I won't be out then either but I will be out most weekends after that. As I think I mentioned Matt will be home from October 28th to November 12th so we will be out most of those days as well.

Mo good luck with the modem.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't stand doing any work here today so I thought I would start posting some pics. I post this one on the processing your own meat thread. This is our "processing room" at our place. My Dad bought the land and paid for all the goodies. I wish I could have but that is just not something I can afford. This place will be in the family as long as I am alive and probably as long as Matt is around. It will just continue to be handed down. Taxes and such are not the hard part it was the initial purchase that I never could have come up with. Anyway I will be adding some more as I find them on this computer. Anyone else have any pictures of their place to share that would be cool.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is a picture of the screen poarch next to the processing room.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is the garage area of the same building. The entire building is 60x30. 30x30 is garage, 15x30 is the processing room and the other 15x30 is the screen poarch.

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.