Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 09-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

i forgot to send the pic I finally took after I picked my jaw off the floor

Old 09-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

Well after 3 days with no electricity i am finally back online. We got hit hard with the remnants of the hurricane here in Ohio. There were winds as strong as 83mph and over 500,000 people without electricity. This is like nothing i have ever experienced before in my life, the things i took for granted i now have a deep appreciation for. You couldn't get gas, ice, bread, meat, coolers, batteries, lanterns or propane anywhere around Cincinnati. Over half of our cities energy workers are down in Texas volunteering so there are now people who won't have there electricity back up for another 4-5 days. I personally had two huge maple trees up rooted in my yard and a ton of limbs fall, i had a good portion of my shingles blown off and all kinds of other damage. Also all of out refrigerated food spoiled and we had to throw it all away but still cannot get grocery's yet due to the shortage of food and stores without electricity. We are very fortunate to be among the few who have power right now. Can't wait to she what my hunting woods look like right now, with my luck every tree that i have a stand in is now lying on the forest floor.[:@].
Old 09-17-2008, 02:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry for the inconvenience there dStub but am glad you and family are ok.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:49 AM

It is absolutely amazing to me that a hurricane could still have that much energy after traveling across the US. Ike blew through here as well, and we had some high winds but nothing like that. We did get a hell of a lot of rain though, and flooding is prominant. Soy bean and corn fields are flooded, roads are closed.....Not fun. But pales in comparison to what you've been enduring. I wish there were something we could do for you.....I guess I'll do the only thing I can do......I'll pray for ya'll. Hang in there stubb....
Old 09-17-2008, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stubb sorry to hear all that. Glad the family is ok and you are powered back up. I have never been out of power for that long or had to deal with anything like that. As for your woods we did have a tornado rip thru 3 years ago. Made a mess and lost a couple of stands. Had to relearn the deer patterns but all is getting pretty good now. Take care.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh AF that sounds awesome about the 16 pointer. Best of luck finding one of those world class bucks. Sounds like you have a great place to hunt there. I sure wish we didn't have this CWD crap here to deal with. I like being able to shoot several does every year but I would like it better if everyone was allowed just one buck.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stubb, I know your pain, we went without electricity for 8 days last winter (in an all electric house). At least I could take the food out of the fridge and set it outside to keep it fresh and frozen.

Last night I experienced a first! I wanted to be out there so bad, I decided to have a peek at what was going on around my new stand location. I drove my truck around behind the neighbor's pole barn and parked next to a couple of other trucks that sit out there in a place where I could watch the activity going on near the stand. I saw a bunch of does and fawns (some still have spots) first and then I got to watch two bucks sparring under a full moon! If I had a camera that could have got the shot of those two with a huge yellow full moon rising behind them, what a picture that would be!!!! 13and a wakeup left. Gonna check trail cams in a bit. Maybe I'll have something worth posting.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like an awesome sight AF. I have not seen any of the fawns with spots for about a month or so on my cameras. Got a few ok bucks but nothing huge. That must have sucked last year with no power for 8 days. Man you guys have had some rough times. Guess I should just count my blessings and pray I never get hit with that.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just so you can get the mental picture...Imagine, in Wisconsin, going without cheese for 8 days. It sucked, but as they say, what don't kill you - makes you stronger.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Just so you can get the mental picture...Imagine, in Wisconsin, going without cheese for 8 days. It sucked, but as they say, what don't kill you - makes you stronger.
No Cheese for 8 days. Oh God have mercy and never let that happen.

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.