Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Elowapi Thread (15) >

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Community

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Old 08-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 15 Thread

YES!!! i LOVE this team already!! got a great bunch and a bunch of guys already scared and sneaking into our thread to smack talk!! i love it!!

my name is Devin...this is my 3rd year bowhunting...got my first bowkill last year..a...60? something incher? i cant remember...but im hooked...im 21 and in college right now..

Duke michaels is 100% dead on...my posts get long winded but i can type like 400 words a minute

i will forewarn, i got a kinda hectic schedule this semester and in a LE academy and this semester is all book work....dont fret..i say this everywhere and i get more time to hunt than most people...but just warning ya'll...believe me the last thing i wanna do is miss a day of hunting, but school takes priority..ya'll understand...but, i got tuesday thursdays and saturdays off plus every evening...chances are great i get a goooood bit of stand time...

i just got back from working a season at Cape Cod National Seashore as the park dispatcher....farmer friend here at home says they been seeing an absolute PIG...guess where he is ALWAYS seen?? yep! on my honey hole hill!! and, we got corn up tight to my favorite rutt stand which will make it even better...needless to say im pumped!

i see Rob already gave a vote to me as captain...i dont mind being captain...but not opposed to letting someone else take the duty...and we need an awesome name for the team as well as a killer avatar so let the ideas flow....its always easier to come up with the name first and design the avatar around that...i'll be thinking as much as possible...kinda hard because in the years ive been watching the contests ive seen just about every name there is...so think original!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

oh man...bluetickhunter....looks like i got a fellow coonhunter!!! awesome! i love this team more than i did 2 minutes ago!!! lol dont know how i missed that the first time i read the list!!

Old 08-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome Mauser. Sounds like you're still going to manage some good stand time, bud. You're a good one to have on here. I read Team 36's thread more than my own in 06.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Bartender

Good luck team 15

Old 08-21-2008, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well let me make my official introduction for those who don’t know me.
Name’s Ryan, from the suburbs of Pittsburgh (other end of the city from Mauser). I’m 34 and have been bowhunting 20+ years. I’m an engineer (NOT the train driving type). I’ve been in this contest every year and my teams have always finished well, even won it one year. The best part about the contest is hanging out and “meeting” new people. Besides deer I am relatively new to being addicted to turkey hunting (5-6 years). I have a trip to Idaho for elk in a few weeks that I am completely pumped for.
I’ll have buck tags for Idaho, Ohio & PA. I should be able to put one down this year. I’ll have a little less time to hunt than I am used to, but I’ll still have a lot of time, when it’s the right time.

As far as names & captains, looks like we’ve got plenty of “leadership” capabilities on this team, I’m fine with letting the young guy handle it. And after 4 seasons of contests, I’m not sure I’m creative enough to come up with an original name. Although I hear “Deer Decapitators” is still available.

So let’s all get out there, hunt hard, have fun and come home safe at the end of every hunt.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Cougar Mag reporting in. I am really pumped and feel very fortunate to be on this team. I'll nominate Rob for Captain, but Mauser is fine by me.

Gotta let you all know that I am behind in practically everything going into this season. Too much overtime and slight shoulder injury has limited my shooting but I have been building up my strength and will be ready to go by the start of the season. I don't hit it real hard until the weather starts cooling off though I occasionally will go in the early season. I'll be hunting the same ground here in Illinois again plus I may hunt on my family's farm over in Indiana.

Good luck to all, have a safe and successful season.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Impressive looking team you all have here!! You should do very well.

Good luck!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I smell a little "team stacking".... That's okay, you have the half rack smacker on your team.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I smell a little "team stacking".... That's okay, you have the half rack smacker on your team.
Team stacking with PA guys???? Come on.
Rob may be proud of our state, but he ain’t dumb. Besides, this group of PA guys didn’t exactly put up the inches last year.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

But Rob's half racks are bigger than some's full racks. I gotta feeling he is going to nail something huge this season.

Quick Reply: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.