Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Elowapi Thread (15) >

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Community

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Old 08-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Official Team 15 Thread

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Are the acorns falling a little early this year?
Not sure if it's early, I cannot remember from last year but they are full and they are falling. 90% of the trees around my house are oak and it sounds like it's raining in the woods.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got off the phone with the neighbor with great news. He's seen the big 8 four times in the past couple weeks. Headed to my property every time. Ill be slipping in this weekend to put stand in the main funnel and one leading to what i believe is his bedding area. Its a tough spot to hunt due to wind and entry/exit but its all i got. This buck is at least 6 years old and the area he hangs out (300 acres) receives no pressure from hunters. I dont want him to reach 7 years
Old 08-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone on the team dove hunt?
Old 08-27-2008, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

I'll be going dove hunting open day, this Monday.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Me too, Cougar. Havent seen many lately but hopefully theres a few around. I always look forward to the dove opener every year.Signifies the beginnning of fall hunting seasons for me. Im anxious to get my lab some work too.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

I used to dove hunt every chance I got but it was my primary bow spot that I did this. Today, I don't like to disturb that area at all and I haven't picked up another spot to hunt doves as of yet.

MMMMmm dove breasts wrapped in bacon and bbq sauce. MMMMmmm
Old 08-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have doves everywhere on our property, but I won't hunt them for the same reasons Rob mentioned. I prioritize my area to strictly deer and turkey hunting, and since it's a smaller parcel (90 acres), I want to keep disturbances to a minimum.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

No dove hunter here. I'm not real handy with a shotgun.Although this winter my neighbor cut down the pine trees in his yard that would probably roost 50+ doves each night, maybe more.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Are the acorns falling a little early this year?
Not sure if it's early, I cannot remember from last year but they are full and they are falling. 90% of the trees around my house are oak and it sounds like it's raining in the woods.

Seems early to me, I know last year I was in a treestand before they started dropping. When they did, I felt stupid for not bringing my hardhat.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:56 PM

Well guys.....

Checked out the local farm and pretty excited. My stand is in place, but will need another one if the wind switches. The farmer changed the fields on me this year but did me a favor and planted his clover field in the middle of a corn field so its surrounded by corn and the wood line--where my new stand local will be!!

Be headin up north to check the cameras and stands. Should be great!

Dove opens on the 1st.....so i will give that a shot on a neighbors 40 where i got some permission!

Good luck all
Pines

Quick Reply: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.