Old 09-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Spike

Default RE: Team 16 Thread.

Awsome npaden!
Old 09-30-2008, 12:19 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Back from New Mexico without a bull. However, I did bring back some sheds I found. Both sides of a 300" 6x6. Also a 4x4 skill with ivories. Girlfreind had a blast. She is phenomenally fit.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Finally made it out to our lease over the weekend for some bowhunting. It was around 60 degrees out and only saw 4 does from the stand. My buddy saw 3 does and 2 fawns from his stand. We talked to the farmer who planted the corn and he was hoping to get it cut in 2 weeks. This should be a good year.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm really struggling waiting for the season to start this year knowing that those nice bucks are out there!

Zim, where did you go in New Mexico? Those sheds sound pretty cool and having a girlfriend willing to go out there hunting with you sounds even better!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the elk...

Saturday was a good bow opener. Hunted high in the morning, but didn't see a thing...heard one, but that's it. I moved from that stand at 9a and went lower near the fields. Within 5 minutes of being in my stand, I had 5 does within 15 yards. I planned on harvesting a doe, but didn't even have a arrow nocked. So, they passed. At 11a I shot a mature doe and watch her disappear. 11:05 shot another doe and watched her drop. Found the first doe within 50 yards. So, not a bad start...2 does by noon. Got them two hung and hunted the evening. Had 8 does with 20 yards at various times, but nothing mature. Passed by the fields on my way back to the farmhouse and could count 43 deer in one field and about 40 in another. Fields planted with clover and orchard grass. This particular property managed for QDM and we have 50 dmap tags for it. The past 3 years we've taken between 40-50 does, but doesn't seem to be bringing the numbers down.

Just put 40 pounds of salami in the smokers.

Good luck everyone....
Old 10-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, sounds like you have a TON of deer there. Where my property is we have about 15 deer per square mile density. On my 160 acres I didn't shoot a single doe last year but I think I will shoot one this year. If I believe what is on my trail cameras I have about 3 bucks for every doe right now though, so I'm still not sure I'm going to shoot a doe this year. Hopefully I'll be shooting some pigs this weekend though. I'll also be checking my cameras and seeing which bucks have stuck around after shedding their velvet.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the team, CSSLOAN92
Old 10-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 16 - Widow Makers

Just an update, I managed to take a 7 point with my bow over the weekend. Still have not seen alot of movement yet. The corn is still in, but there are a ton of tracks, rubs and scrapes. The deer are there, just being a little shy...
Old 10-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Spike

Like wise I'll check in. I have taken two does and one buck. The wind is hope-fully going to die down tonight, and its in the low thirtys on Wensday. The woods are slap tore up with sign and the moon is right for an all day hunt.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be out for opening day coming up this Saturday. Not sure how it will turn out, the biggest bucks I had on camera over the summer seem to have disappeared. It should be starting the pre-rut so I'll be using my rattling bag, a grunt call and a can bleat call and see if anything shows up. There are still a couple 3 1/2 year olds that are probably pushing 130" or so that were on camera a few times last month that I would have a hard time passing up if they came in hot.

Quick Reply: Team 16 - Widow Makers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.