Community

Team 16 - Widow Makers

Old 12-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Team 16 Thread.

Two weeks left of my season. Only saw one shooter buck this year (two weeks ago), at 70 yards. Slightly out of my bow range. I have taken 6 does so far and plan on taking another one or two during new years weekend. I would've entered one of those, but seems taking a camera hasn't been top on my gear list. Strange rut this year. Saw plenty of small bucks but none of the bruisers I've been hunting for.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Spike

Default RE: Team 16 Thread.

Sorry for the late responce, my season ended in a "NOT SO GOOD" way. I shot a good 8pt on the day before season closed and was unable to find the dang thang. The shot drove the deer to the ground, I lowered the gun to look see and he was still kicking. I raised the gun for the second shot and the deer was gone. It was and had been foggy for a few days and the ground was awfull wet, not much blood trail. I have spent hours looking for this deer but with no luck. Don't you just hate it, that makes for a bum season.[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]