2007 HNI 5-Spot League Questions, comments, concerns, and trash-talk about the 2007 5-Spot league go here!

my bag target is shot

Old 03-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: my bag target is shot

Bols, you might have saved me on that one. I did not realize that they are not for target tips, thanks bud!!
ORIGINAL: Bols

I know in your original post you mentioned the Morrell four-sided cube target.

Just remember, this target is strictly for broadhead use. And trust me, heed their advice. Field tips get sucked into that foam material so fast, you feel like you're pulling a arrow out of concrete. The foam isn't layered for easy removal. . .

I have literally stood on top of these types of targets before trying to get my arrow out. Great for broadheads, not so much for field tips.

If I were you, I would stick with the bag target for field tips, there really isn't anything better. And for broadheads, I would consider gettingthe Morrell Yellowjacket.

And of course, there is some great advice mentioned above. You could easily find a new cover and that might solve your problem.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:58 PM

Default RE: my bag target is shot

You're welcome man.

I have a spinoff of the Yellow Jacket Foam target, a Gander Mtn version.

I sometimes get mixed up and shoot into it. . .big mistake. I usually leave the arrow in for a few hours and come back to pull it after the memory on the foam has adjusted to the size of the shaft.

Glad I could help man.

Dave