Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Glad I shot a target today. >

Glad I shot a target today.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Glad I shot a target today.

Old 10-09-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Glad I shot a target today.

My brother just got a yellow jacket target the other day. Well I went out w/ him to shoot and my broadheads were shooting lower than I prefer them too. Right before season I had it sighted in and was confident with it. Glad I shot today and found that out. Not really sure why it happened. I anchor same points each time, at least I think I do. Thats why its important to shoot during season, not just during the off-season.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:22 PM

Default RE: Glad I shot a target today.

BTW: Glad I shot w/ my brother too b/c he is having some problems. His bow is set on 70 lbs. He struggles pulling it back, hits his arm, and barely hits the target. I gave him some pointers. Turned his bow down. Told him his drawlength is too long. Our local proshop sucks, they tied his string loop on and it is over a inch long and hes shooting a release. So that was part of the problem. Tried to show him some form techniques, eyes closed shooting, relaxed bow hand, and others. I hope hes not planning on hunting until he gets straightened out.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

GOOD JOB. So many people don't check their equipment before they go afield. Some don't even shoot at all until they get to their spot. So I ap[plaud you for making sure your equipment is right.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Had much the same problem yesterday when I was shooting down at the shop. I wonder if my tie-on nockset it compacting or just plain moving.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:16 PM

Hmmmmm...you got me thinking now. I recently purchased a new bowtech & set-up. I'm right on with field points & the guy who sold me the bow suggested 100 grain slick tricks...so i bought a six pack...he also said they shoot exactly like field points??? I have know this guy for quite a while & he knows his s$#t...but ya never know. I think before I go out next I'll let a brodhead fly @ my target.

Henny