Community
2007 HNI 5-Spot League Questions, comments, concerns, and trash-talk about the 2007 5-Spot league go here!

my bag target is shot

Old 02-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default my bag target is shot

Man all this five spot shooting and practice sessions has put an end to my bag target. Im blowing completly thru when im shooting the center dot and the lower right one. Im thinking of getting the morrel four sided one next but im going to have to deal with the bag for one more week.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: my bag target is shot

Today I watched a squirrel grab a big mouthful of the fuzzy stuffing out our bag target. How much he took altogether for his nest, I'm not sure but he's pretty smart to switch from leaves to that stuffing.

Have you tried making your own bag target?
Old 02-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just repack it with newspapers or somthing
Old 02-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Lay it flat on the ground and jump up and down on it several times. This will "repack" the stuffing where the arrows have pushed it aside.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is neat about the squrill getting some snugly stuffing
I have thought about making my own, some friends used to make em with quilt batting and burlap sacks that worked good. I can get just the bag from e-bay and re-use my old stuffing i guess.
ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

Today I watched a squirrel grab a big mouthful of the fuzzy stuffing out our bag target. How much he took altogether for his nest, I'm not sure but he's pretty smart to switch from leaves to that stuffing.

Have you tried making your own bag target?
Old 02-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I actually do this from time to time, and i also lay it flat when in storage with a weight on it to re flatten it out. Mine is developing some major holes in the burlapthat wont hold the stuffing anymore. believe me i have gotten my $$moneys worth with this one, it has been around the block several times. thanks for the advice though.
ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Lay it flat on the ground and jump up and down on it several times. This will "repack" the stuffing where the arrows have pushed it aside.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tell me about it ... I know what your saying, I got five quarter size holes in my back drop too.
All this shooting in the same spot 12 times all the time has taken its toll , although it's been alot of fun and good practice it sure does some damage.
After everything is all said and done , I guess I'll be looking for a new back stop.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:25 PM

You can buy new target covers for less than $10 and stuff your old target in it then jump on it, or repack it with an old blue tarp. I've been shooting my original stuffing for over 12 years now.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:02 PM

Yeah, when they go bad, they go bad in a quick fast hurry. But shoot, at 22 bucks a pop, I just buy a new one. If you have an old one lying around, put it behind the one you're shooting now...That'll fix it....Till you can get a new one. Or a bale of straw....

I got one of those layered targets from BassPro, and have an old, beat to you know what bag behind it.....That thing has taken I don't know how many thousands of shots...
Old 03-01-2007, 06:20 AM

I know in your original post you mentioned the Morrell four-sided cube target.

Just remember, this target is strictly for broadhead use. And trust me, heed their advice. Field tips get sucked into that foam material so fast, you feel like you're pulling a arrow out of concrete. The foam isn't layered for easy removal. . .

I have literally stood on top of these types of targets before trying to get my arrow out. Great for broadheads, not so much for field tips.

If I were you, I would stick with the bag target for field tips, there really isn't anything better. And for broadheads, I would consider gettingthe Morrell Yellowjacket.

And of course, there is some great advice mentioned above. You could easily find a new cover and that might solve your problem.

Quick Reply: my bag target is shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.