Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread. >

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 44-Official Team 44 Thread.

That doesn't make any sense to sight yer rifle in on the property that they are gooing to be hunting. Nothing like sending out a big signal that there lifes are going to be in danger. DUH[:-]Well I got out late yesterday morning and bumped a doe as I went to the stand, oh well that is what I get for gettig out there so late. Well all in all it turned out to be a good morning though. I sat for around 3 hours and had 6 deer walk by me. 2 were bucks an 8 pointer and a 6 pointer but not something I wanted to take this early in the rut. Sure was fun messing with them though. I will be able to hunt all week prior to work this week cause I don't have to be in till 10:30 all week then I am off Friday so may do a all dayer that day. Really want to get some bone on the board along with Steves deer. Off to Des Moines today so no hunting for me. My nephew did come by last night and told me he had something for me, he went out to his car and came back in with a scent lok jacket, brand new with the tags have never owned scent lok but will sure be trying it out the rest of the season. Well good luck everyone and talk to ya later.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

Making use of a road kill is a great way to go. My wife and I have a running contest to see who will get more deer - she picks hers up from the road and me with my bow. Works out well as long as she's not trying to hit them with her car. It sure is nice that the Wisc. gun season doesn't start to the third week of Nov. I saw a nice 8 pt last night at the edge of the clear cut, I'm going to sneak in today and scout a new stand site closer to his travel route.

I've also got problems keeping my Blazers glued to my arrows, see my post. Don't know if any of you guys use blazers or not?

Blazer Problem
Old 11-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

This deer broke both it's back leg's and there was no other damage to the deer ,so it'll make for some great eating . I have a very good friend who's pretty much crippled and he love's deer ,so I'm going to give him half of the deer . The other half we're gonna make some pepperette's for the landowner.I know I'll have lot's of time to get another deer ,so keeping everyone happy make's life real good for me .
IowaBob!

Your gonna like the scentlok bud ,last night I was perched in a cedar tree and the doe and 2 fawn's came out right undernieth me ,they were so close that I could hear them nibbling on the cedar browes.The wind was slightly at my back and when they came out they were directly undernieth me out about 10 yrds and I had my scentlok on as well, those deer had no clue I was there ,so I have to say that the scentlok does work . I only bought it just before deer season ,just because the price was right and I wanted to see for myself if it work's .My opinion now is that it does contain your scent very well . I still go through the proper scent elliminating procedure's even with the scentlok ,I definately spray myself down just before heading in ,and after last night I have a good impression of scentlok.

Deertale!

Did you wipe your shaft's with alchohol before applying them ?Sometime's I will take some "VERY" fine sandpaper and rub the part of the shaft with it ,then I'll wipe it clean with alchohol ,let dry and then apply the vane's . A good friend of mine had some problem's with his blazer's and when he contacted them ,they told him that a bad product had gotten out and they sent him some new one's . So after you try what I've explained to you and if it doesn't work ,then I would contact Blazer about your problem, I'm sure they'll make it right by you .

nubo
Old 11-05-2007, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well we will find out about that scentlok tommorow morning. I have to go set a stand this a.m. on some new property that I have never hunted be4. It is located in big buck territory almost totally enclosed by leased ground and the rest nobody bowhunts. I am positive that it will produce a biggun for me and the NIMRODS.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:17 AM

My best friend just stuck a monster this morning around 8 am. on my property. It soundsl like he hit it low, but he said there was a ton of blood that was real dark. The deer didnt run off just walked away. The arrow had blood, hair and a little bit of fat. With all of that in mind do you think hell get him? Ill post a pic of the deer we think it is.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:26 AM

I think this is the deer???

Old 11-06-2007, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well fellas heading out to hunt be4 I have to go to work. Hung a new stand yesterday on some new property hopefully it will pay off.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:09 AM

good luck Iowabob. Hopefully we can get another buck on the board, ill have my numbers on thursday.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

well guys im goin to be hunting for the next 3 days so hopefully i can get it done its supposed to be really cold in the mornings so we'll see what happens. good luck guys
Old 11-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

We're expecting snow tonight and they're calling for about 6" of it ,so it's really putting a dampner on the shotgunner's hunt this week ,they've had nothing but heavy wind's and rain's all week so far and now with the calling of snow I'm sure it's going to really swcrew up their week . But that's good for me ,if they can't get out the better chance's are for my buck to get through this week ,so I can get another look at him next week.

nubo

Quick Reply: 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.