Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread. >

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 44-Official Team 44 Thread.

FRALEY where did that fine avatar go??? Is yer brother having any luck??? How bout those Hawkeyes woohoo finally came through without having to rely on there FG kicker. Christensen is starting to come around finally.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:30 AM

TEAM 44

WE ARE NOW ON THE BOARD.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:47 AM

Well i have a pretty good story, Its unbeleivable i was even able to get on the board on this day!

Well it all started out WRONG! I got outta the cabin late and rode the 4 wheeler down the road got stopped by 2 different people and had to talk. I then went into the woods and walked about a half mile to a stand I hunted the morning before and observeda nice buck chasing does. I took my climber this time and went up the hill farther to attempt a better chance at him. I finally got setup and everything just about shooting time. I checked all the trees for yardages and waited.

8 am.A nice big lone doe came over the hill to within 25 yards, took the shot- hit a limb and missed low-the doe continued
8:05 am I took another shot this time it was a clean miss right over her back, I was looking through the string not the peep I was shaking from just missing and the cold.

9 am. I decided it would be a good time to goof off and start blowing a grunt tube- without looking around first! i blew that thing for about 5 or 6 times. As soon as i put it down i look up and no more than 25 yards is a decent buck walkingRIGHT at me. I have no idea why he didnt see me but he continued. I was able to stand up and get drawed and he was quartering hard toward me " I know were not SUPPOSED to take that shot but it was close about 15 yards. So i put the pin on his shoulder and let the strikers do their job. The buck went down within 75 yards and piled up. Its not the biggest one Ive killed but its not a bad buck.
I also lost my wedding band in the woods but after 2 hrs of searching I finally found it.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Bartender

Congrats Stevie.

Brother went out this morning and when I just awoke had a picture mail of him in camo and thats it.
I missed all the college action this weekend. Who did they beat?
ORIGINAL: iowabob85

FRALEY where did that fine avatar go??? Is yer brother having any luck??? How bout those Hawkeyes woohoo finally came through without having to rely on there FG kicker. Christensen is starting to come around finally.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Stevezt4!

Way to go on getting your buck ,.something's just happen in that fashion and it's hard to explain ,sometime's when thing's are perfect it just doesn't happen either ,but someone was looking over your shoulder on this day . It's sure good to get the team on the board and I'm sure the guy's will certainly appreciate it ,maybe it'll get them all pumped up. He's definately a great looking buck.
I was out all weekend and passed on a spike and a doe at 10 yard's on 2seperate occassion's ,unfortunately I only got to see the big guy once this weekend and he ended up running into the hardwood's at a location I had decided not to put my stand . I second guessed the location and if I had just put it there in the first place I'd have a buck to show for as well.

Anyway's congrat's again on a fine buck and Thank's

nubo
Old 10-29-2007, 07:43 PM

Stevezt4, awesome buck and way to be the first from our team to get on the board.

Well Finally got my fiance a deer, Taken with her bow, from the ground, 20 yard shot, Its' her first deer ever and with her bow, I am very proud. It's a buck that we have been watching since summertime, its one that was running around with Austin's buck (my littlebrother), Not the one we were after but still a great first ever buck

Now I am up and boy I am after a dandy that we saw right after she shot hers

Old 10-29-2007, 08:30 PM

buelman thats a good looking buck your fiance killed. Im thinking about getting my wife into the woods to shoot a deer now that i can focus on teaching her and not just hunting myself. I should let her shoot one with a crossbow after some practice of course.

Like I said it wasnt necessarily the deer i was looking at but im still happy with him.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go steve on breaking the ice for our team. Fine looking buck ya got there. Good job to you to BuellMan now it's yer turn. We all have some work to do to get caught up in this contest but I think we are up to the task. Fraley the hawkeyes played Michigan State this weekend. Well working again all week but this weekend should be great...
Old 10-30-2007, 04:05 AM
Bartender

YES glad you told me it was MSU, I have a friend here at work I need to harrass a bit lol

HMMM we on eastern time zone now here
Old 10-30-2007, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

Nice buck Steve! and congrats to you to BuellMan sounds like an awsome experience. This next couple of weeks is it guys - lets get out in the woods. Be Safe

Quick Reply: 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.