Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread. >

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Bartender

Default RE: 44-Official Team 44 Thread.

it is FRALEY and you have one on your team. (ruttinbucks) You guys are done.
ORIGINAL: spudrow

Hey farley you're the one who keeps casting a line over here. Hell, you can't hunt em till their in season!!! Yak, yak, yak.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 09-07-2007, 08:36 AM

can someone tell me how to get the avatar, i cant seem to get this to work with this picture>? someone send me the pic or something.

Nevermind I didnt hit apply....must be a nimrod!
Old 09-08-2007, 05:57 AM
Fork Horn

I tried to load the avatar on my profile, but I had to make it smaller to load it. I'll see what it looks like.

Hey guys, seems like there is a lot of complaining on our team. Can't you all feel the destiny of what is happening here? We are going to be one of the top teams! I know it. Lets make it happen
Old 09-08-2007, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

The avatar doesn't seem to be showing up? I'll have to try again later. I've got to bring my kids to soccer. But Sun is going to be scouting/blinds/stands day...
Old 09-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya fellas there does seem to be alot of complaining about little crap. We got to pull it together and start acting like a team. Put me in coach I am ready to play... And as for you FARTLEY go back to yer hole LOL. Seen my big boy again yesterday he is gonna be on this thread soon enough. Gonna score close to 150" and really a charismatic rack... Well later fellas...
Old 09-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Though I would be a sportsman like player and bump you guys off the 2nd page--lmao
Besides I wanted to ask John how the farm looks for the end of October
Got any pics of the bucks running around there?
Old 09-09-2007, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

Good news from my place. Last year I shot a doe on opening morning on my friends property - we'll he sold that to the DNR, but anyways we had scouted that whole area which was a river bottom mixed with upland conifer (add in a few fields and wild apples). We got permission to hunt /scout the neighbors land and found that most of the trails in the area lead to a corner on this one field which happens to be on the next land owner over - we had no permission.

Well I has talking over our hunting plan with my 12 year old on the way to soccer tournament - He said he want to go to the best place to shoot a deer. Now I've got probably close to 20 stand sites in and around my property. But this spot we had scouted on a field corner had more sign than I've seen. Like a deer interstate. So I decided to try to ask the land owner for permission. We had just been talking about it in hunters safety. So we stopped on our way home from soccer.

I think bringing my kid along was my golden ticket - because this guy was a gun hunter and always posted extra no hunting signs on his property during gun season . So we always assumed he'd say no. But sure enough he was more than happy to lets us. Even gave us a report on deer movement. He said there has been a nice 8point crossing the field in the evenings.

So our plan is to scout today and maybe set up a blind. I think this will be our evening spot for opening day. My kid and I also worked out a deal that any deer 15 yds or under is his - anything further is mine

Turned out to be a great lesson on how to approach property owners for my kid + we got access to a deer interstate with a buck siting. It will be interesting to see what happens. Wisconsin's opener is just a week away.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great news deertale. As for me not so good of news. Got shot down by a local farmer/outfitter that has a piece of ground about a half mile from my house. He hasn't hunted this piece of ground for 4 years so I asked him if it would be OK if I did and he said sure for 1,000 dollars. Well I work for a living and just can't justify putting that kind of money up for a 20 acre piece of timber.

Oh well I guess that is the direction our local bowhunting is heading. OH well I guess I will be hunting alot of public ground this year.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:36 AM
Bartender

lol fartley

Bob your going to shoot and that arrow is going to knock off2 tines and you will never be able to find them and buck gone.
ORIGINAL: iowabob85

Ya fellas there does seem to be alot of complaining about little crap. We got to pull it together and start acting like a team. Put me in coach I am ready to play... And as for you FARTLEY go back to yer hole LOL. Seen my big boy again yesterday he is gonna be on this thread soon enough. Gonna score close to 150" and really a charismatic rack... Well later fellas...
Old 09-09-2007, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

FRALEY I told you too get back in yer hole... Even if I do knock off two tines he will still be twice the size of that scrub buck that you are gonna shoot. All kidding aside I am sure that you have many 94" bucks under yer belt and if that is what you like to shoot that is fine with me. Just remember that you don't have to settle for something small just because you have been having to do that yer whole life.

Quick Reply: 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.