Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread >

15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 15-Official Team 15 Thread

I think I'll go ahead and help with the lack of posts our team has made. Sport4 checkin in from good ole central IL I have access to a lot of great ground this year and I don't usually shoot at anything under 120 inches. Pretty slow around here so far though but ive seen about a handful of shooter deer but only one so far that would prolly hit 140. Although I did drive around a state park lookin for deer and i didnt see too many inside the park but as soon as i reached the border line I saw a bruiser of a buck that at the time would at least score 160. I found out a couple of days later that a buddy of mine has permission to hunt the woods that i saw him next to. So it should be a great year for me.

What about you guys, are you guys head hunters or do you shoot anything you see no matter the size?
Old 08-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Fork Horn

Alright!!!! Another Illinois boy!!

Where ya from sport4?? I live and hunt in east central Illinois, Vermilion county.

Welcome aboard to the KILLIN KREW!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:52 AM

We shoot does whenever we can early. Usually in October. We stay out of our rut spots until it starts heatin up. We have one rule for our properties. If its got horns and you shoot it, you have to get it mounted.
It makes a guy think a little bit before he pull the bow back.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is going to be the most exciting year for me ever. I've been saving for land since I got married 9 years ago. We bought 40 completely wooded acres in November. Even though the bucks haven't been showing their face yet it's only a matter of time. The land I bought is a nice funnel to the closest fields. On the other side of the fields is about 3000 acres of private timber and swamp land. Should be good! Best thing about it is it's only 1 hour and ten minutes north of my house. I'm getting more daytime pictures per day then I would get in a whole month at the other properties I hunt. I can't wait.

I'm actually bear hunting starting next saturday then the archery deer season starts on 9/15? When does your guys season start?
Old 08-24-2007, 10:36 PM

About 98% of my hunting is done on public land (which we have a lot of out West). It's tough hunting for a mature buck, especially since a lot are taken during the rifle season or spooked by all the elk hunters during the archery season. So I guess that explains what I am hunting for.

We only get to harvest one deer a year during the Oregon seasons, so a lot of guys here shoot the first buck they see for the meat (then go hunt elk). A couple months later they are sitting around the lunch table complaining about not seeing any "big bucks" like the good ol' days. I always tell 'em, "Well, if you guys would quit shooting the dinks, maybe they'd get a chance to grow up into a big buck". Which gets no response..hahaha

I'm buying a tag for across the river (Idaho), so I'll be doubling my chances this year. My Oregon archery season is Aug 30th - Sept 31st. The Idaho season will vary, but starts Aug 30th and lasts until Dec. 24th depending on the area you hunt.

RL...good luck on your bear hunt!
Old 08-25-2007, 11:25 AM

I whipped this image up this morning for those in the team who want to use it...

Old 08-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm having trouble with the avatar. It says the file is not supperted.Help!
Old 08-26-2007, 09:55 AM

If you are having trouble with the avatar, send me an email and I will reply with an attached pic that is sized right for your profile. The one I sent earlier I had to resize to get to work on my profile, so I'm attaching the correctly sized one...

-Scott

Old 08-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Sorry but I cant figure out how to make our avatar my avatar!!
Old 08-26-2007, 07:00 PM

Default RE: 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Click on and "download" the photo to your computers "my photos" section, or anywhere you normally place your downloaded files. Go to this folder and make sure it downloaded (saved) properly.

Go to "My Profile" here. It should open up the editing area of your personal profile. Scroll about 1/2 way down to "My Avatar" section and click on "upload my picture (will replace the existing one)". A pop-up window will come up with a "browse" button. (Might have to disable pop-up blockingif your system has a pop-up blocker).After clicking on thebrowse button, find the folder you placed the downloaded image and select it. Click "OK". You should then get a prompt stating that the image loaded successfully. Scroll down to the bottom of the profile editing page and select "OK" or "Apply". The Avatar should then appear on yourposting info and profile.

Hope that helps :-)

-Scott

Quick Reply: 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.