Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread >

15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 09:42 PM

Default RE: 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Here's one of my last rifle bucks I'm ever going to take. I decided that from now on it will be with a bow. My cousin Troy (shed33) is pictured with me. His first field journal entry here was about this buck called the "family stand buck"

Old 08-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 15-Official Team 15 Thread

I am from Teutopolis, and I hunt Effingham, Jasper, Clay, and just this year I recieved permission to hunt some ground down in Jefferson County. I hunt in other counties too, but those are the main ones.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:28 PM

Well fellers, I didn't want to say anything earlier, but I missed opening weekend archery due to a pulled back muscle this last weekend here in Oregon, and may be out for a couple weeks due to that &family obligations. That means I'll onlyhave a couple weeks in Septof Oregon hunting to seal the deal. If not, then it will be up to my Idaho tag to help the team win this thing. Hopefully Murphy will cut me a little slack and I'll be back on the horse here soon.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:37 PM

I am from Teutopolis
I am only about 30 mi a way. Brownstown here.

Good luck!
Old 08-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: trouthunter

Well fellers, I didn't want to say anything earlier, but I missed opening weekend archery due to a pulled back muscle this last weekend here in Oregon, and may be out for a couple weeks due to that &family obligations. That means I'll onlyhave a couple weeks in Septof Oregon hunting to seal the deal. If not, then it will be up to my Idaho tag to help the team win this thing. Hopefully Murphy will cut me a little slack and I'll be back on the horse here soon.
You're season is open already? Dang! You are lucky. don't worry about the 'team' and the contest. It's all for fun.

I start bear hunting on saturday! I can't wait! Those suckers broke my brand new tripod feeder, now it's time for some payback.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:48 PM

Yep...

Out west the archery season usually starts end of Aug. Makes for a quick gut and quarter to get the meat in the cooler before it spoils...

Bear starts at the same time, as well as elk and chucker, so the woods are loaded with people. Makes this public ground hunting that much more ofa challange. It is also complicated by the fact that I'm new to the area and haven't discovered my tried and true honey holes yet.

I know the competition here is all for fun, but I just like the added challenge :-)
Old 08-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

yeah this does sound like a good team. got a lot of good states to hunt in!! now i don't have big uns like out in Illinois guys, i'm sorry haha
but my boys here in Mercer Co. are growin

Old 08-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

My season officially starts on Sept 15 in WI. Going up there with DukeMichaels, I forgot what team he's on.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: trouthunter

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

Thanks trouthunter that did the trick.

I'm from IL but I do hunt mostly in WI

BTW I'm a flyfisherman too! believe it or not there are trout streams in the midwest too. My best is a 21" rainbow from Wi caught in a stream not more than 12' across!
hahaha...I made my nickname years ago when I first started coming here, mostly in the chat room. At the time I was into flyfishing for trout and hunting, so it was a combo of the two. Since then I've had a couple kids and find myself spending more time drowning a worm with the kids (and fixing tangled lines) than flyfishing. I can believe you caught a fish like that in a small stream, some of my largest came from streams like that and cut banks off irrigation ditches. Lately since I moved off the Snake river it has beem more bass, crappie, and catfish fishing for me. Here is a photo of my sons big 5 1/2 lb smallmouth he caught this spring...

Looks like a keeper to me! Your son of course, I hope the bass went back or on the wall for him!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:59 PM

My son had to show it off to his mom and sis, so it made it into the fry pan. We're looking at having a replica mount of it done though, once the money allows.

Quick Reply: 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.