Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread >

22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Persistance pays guys! Stay after it. Stay positive and remember "it's just a matter of time"!It only takes a few seconds! Your chance will be on you before you know it! But you have to be out there!

I packed the truck and made the six hour drive back up to S. Dakota. I spent the weekend hunting and sleeping (I decided to travellight and thus opted to take my two man tent instead ofmy tent trailer) through rain, wind,sleet, and snow. Trust me boyz, there's some colder weather heading your way!

Again the Enigma camo performed perfectly. I managed to stay dry and really never felt too chilled (exception: my fingers). I ran the gamut of wild game this weekend. Isaw a coyote, a badger, antelope, a fox, deer, and countless turkeys right in front of me and within shooting range. Yes Chad, the Enigmaabsolutely works! When you can sit in a tree stand and draw your bow on countless turkeys (I have the video to prove it) without being detected (as they go about their merry way), then yes, the stuff is working (at least in my opinion). All in all I saw maybe 30 does and 15 bucks (this is South Dakaota public land mind you). At least 5 of the 15 were shooters. I killed a respectable 9 pointer from just under 15 yards. I double lunged him and he ran maybe 50 yards before collapsing. That makes 15 states down and only 35 more to go! Here's a photo, and as always, best of luck to each and every one of you!

Old 10-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Typical Buck

HUCK, CONGRATS ON A FINE 9 POINTER. WHERE TO NEXT? LOTS OF FREE TIME? GREAT JOB, JOB WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great work guys, really nice deer Huck.

I guess my camo could be better, I drew on one small buck on my week off, a six pointer that came out of the bush into the soy and headed my way. My set-up is really geared to intercept deer on their way to the field, not deer in the field, so while I had a good back drop there wasn't much cover between me and him. He busted me when I drew and we stared each other down till my arms started shaking. When he finally put his head down and turned broadside I released at thirty yards, it was a good shot but he was too on edge and dropped as as he preloaded his legs to bolt off, my flights may have brushed his back as the arrow missed him.
I don't mind posting this miss because I really don't think I did much of anything wrong, it just didn't pan out... I have always aimed at the kill zone, but after watching this miss with a lighted luminock I may start aiming low, at least during these situations when the deer obviously isn't too calm.

Good luck all, enjoy your families and turkey (its Thankgiving weekend right now up here). I'll be out again soon, but not as much as I'd like because I'm moving. I'm leaving this basement for a home near a lake, cathedral ceilings, hardwood floors, jacuzzi tub, I'm finally gonna live like an adult!

PA, the move and vacation time is expensive, but I am interested in some of your camo, I just need a month or 2 to get settled and save some $. Whats the best site to check out the line-up? Or PM me if you have some literature that you can e-mail.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:44 PM

Way to go Huck, another nice buck falls for Enigma Camo!!!

tschaef- the best place to get a look at Enigma is the website at www.enigmacamo.com and or call the owner Chuck Pensyl at the number on the website. I will tell you up front the camo is not cheap but I can honestly say you will get atleast 10 years of use out of it before you even think about buying more. If you have any questions after looking at the website feel free to PM me. I would be more than happy to tell you all about it.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer huck!!! Man you are a machine!!! I can't wait to see the big boy you drop when you get to IL. I wen't out yesterday evening and seen some nice does but no bucks. Had an 18 yard shot at one of the nannys but decided not to take it. It was too hot to full with it. It got down to 43 last night and the high today is 63. I'm planning on heading out tonight but it is supposed to be very windy. I did get some nice pictures of some younger bucks. I put my trail cam over a scrape thats about 10 yards from my treestand on sat. when I went out. It looks like there are some bucks in my area but as hot as its been they are moving at night. Maybe this cooler weather will have them moving more in the late eveing and early mornings. Heres the bucks that are making scrapes near my stand. When I hung the camera there was 1 scrape. When I went out last night there were five all within about a 10' radius. The first two pics are the same buck. He looks like a 2.5 year old with a ton of potential. I'd like to see him next year. I'm not sure if you can tell anything about the last picture. But when you zoom in on it you can tell that he is pretty tall. Hard to tell but he may be the only shooter out of the bunch. It's just too dark to tell.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

Well done, Huck. Very nice deer.

Well guys, I got skunked the first day. Didn't see any deer (except a 10-point I saw -- from thetruck!!)and it was blazing hot. I did have a bear come in to 6-yards from the ground blind I was hunting so that was kinda cool, but other than that, nothing. I'm planning to go back out tomorrow evening, so we'll see what happens.

Herd, that's a good looking buck. Good luck with him. Take care fella's. I'll check in again soon.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. I really think it has more to do with the camo than me! My wildlife encounters have increased significantly since I started wearing Enigma.

Chirs, that is a dandy buck! Get him! I'm counting on you! And yes, I cannot wait to hunt Illinois! I hope the cool air gets there by the time I do. It seems the whole country has been affected by the heat.

Chris (MathewPA). free time...what's that? I am one of those guys with a sleeping disorder. I barely sleep...I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. But it does allow me to hunt more than most. It helps to have and understanding wife...I try to take the two kids with me whenever I go. I still have Nebraska ,Illinois, and Texas left for deer hunting. I'll be in Kansas chasing a fall turkey in a few weeks, and then I have a caribou hunt still ahead of me in Quebec. I bank a lot of overtime in the Spring and Summer. Rather than the time and half pay, I get hour for hour comp time. I like that so much better.

Trevor, stay after it! You'll get him!

Keep up the good work guys! We have this thing in the bag!
Old 10-12-2007, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck this weekend guys! Hunt long and hard! Let's bust some!

I'mleaving tomorrow morning (early) forWyomingand some speed goat hunting. We'll see if I can get the old PSE to work its magic...

Knock em dead!

Old 10-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rain tomorrow so I'll be moving some stuff and have to paint my new room (who paints a master bedroom pink?). I'm gonna try to get out Sunday for a hunt.

Huck, I missed your comment about the caribou trip 1st read, I was up there last November and took a Bull and a Cow, but I used my .308, something tells me your gonna try it with your bow. What outfitter are you using? I'f its Donats (the cheapest) I may be able to answer a few questions.

Heres a pic of our haul, believe it or not there are 12 bou in this truck, 6 guys tagged out (a few were quartered).

Old 10-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lol..Momma paints a master pink...your's is coming...trust me. Enjoy life while you still can...LOL...guard your short hair!

WOW! That is incredible Trevor! Good on you! We are using Nouchimi and will be there Nov. 22-26th. Yep, I using the bow. There are eight of us going. I hope we have the luck you had! That is just too cool. We fly into Val D'or and from there we are taking a rental SUV up to the hunting area. They say the drive from Val D'or to Nouchimi is like 15 hours. I would love any tips you could give.

Quick Reply: 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.