Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 07-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Hey Fran have a great trip and don't forget the dark sunglass's. Don't want the wife getting pissed at you. It sounds like you got a perfect spot to scout and smoke hogs at the same time.

For me this weekend I have to go to OH for a tradeshow so no play time but next weekend I'll get up and finish hanging the rest of the stands. Than it's time to wait for September 13th
Old 07-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, we made it home alive. Saw tons ofeuroboobs, drank tons of beer,gorged myself onbeef fillet and mahi mahi,learned to sail and learned to scuba dive. Awesome week. Now the next date circled on my calendar is opening day of bow season. Let the countdown begin.

My buddy just emailed me acouple of our fishing pics. We were off the easternmost coast of the Dominican Republic on Friday morning. It was a pretty slow day, clear and hot,with 8-10 foot swells (probably remnants of Hurricane Bertha - which passed well north of us).

We missed a few fish, lost a few, and had a big white or bluemarlin hooked up for about 5 seconds. Those fish are MAJOR powerhouses. 6 guys were on the charter, but 3 spent the whole day with their heads in a puke bucket inside the cabin- so I got more than my fair share of time in the fighting chair.

I get a little seasick in high seas, and the swells were whitecapped, so finishing out the day withoutpuking my guts outwas a major accomplishment for me.

We wound up boating 3 pretty nice cuda. They look just like big silver muskie. Teeth like razorblades.

Awesome trip for $80 US pp. Excuse the filthy hat - it's my lucky fishing lid.

[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]

[/align]
[/align]

[/align]
[/align]

[/align]
[/align]

[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]
Old 07-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dude looks like you had a great time.Fishing,tata's, beer,only thing missing was the bow. Hell I need a vacation. The last time I went deep sea fishing I took the wife and she blew chunks in minutes.I caught a wif of it and I was done.That sucked,no fish and a upset stomach.

Back to the good news I finally got a pic of a 3.5 year old. Weird looking rack for our area. I found some private land to hunt in Ohio.One of my customers has 160 acres east of Columbus, so if I fill in WI It's Ohio bound.Then there's The Alaska trip for next year, I am pumped for that.Caribou and Moose life is good.I would like to smoke a 70" moose but if I do I'll have to put on a addition to the cabin.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys looks like were all enjoying the calm before the bowhunting storm. I will be out tomorrow to check the trail cam and what not, its been a while since i last checked it. My buddy got a real jaw dropper of a buck for our area on cam the other day. But the only way ill get a pic of that to share is if i pry it out of his cold dead hands, hes pretty secrative haha. Anyways, ill be back tomorrow with the news, whether good or bad. Cya gents!
Old 07-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet pics guys! Looks like that trip was a good time Fran!

Sweet trail cam pic! I'm planning to try and get my camera's out in the next week.

How many trail cams do you guys have? I havetwo, 4 megapixelMoultrees - seem to work alright and were pretty easy on the budget.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 6 camera's. All differant kinds. My leaf river infered is going back it just never worked right. For the last couple of years we put out bait piles and placed the camera on the pile. This year we have 1 bait pile and 5 food plots so we are watching the plots and some high use trails.We're not getting as many pics but we're learning more.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Didnt get a chance to get the cam today, hopefully tomorrow will give me some more time. Ive got two stealth cams, one brand new, one old junker. They are easy on the wallet and work good enough for what i need them for.

I went for a cruise at lastlight and had a tall six run out in front of me and also seen a pretty good buck from about half a mile away, couldnt tell what he was because my bino's are not the greatest quality. But he was in a good spot.

Keep it clean.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Al, Dan, Jason- we need more pictures of animals. Live animals. Dead animals. Any kind of animals.

Mike - do you have any cameras out at the moment?

Jason - I still can't believe you drew an Iowa tag. You better go play the lotto.

I got an unexpected field trip this evening. I had a job interview this morning, so I took off work early. The interview went pretty well, and I was home at 2:30 with nothing to do. So, I loaded up the Punisher and went on a groundhog extermination mission. This farm is groundhog-only (all fields) - and the farrmer is a friend. He just needs them exterminated - and I'm the man for the job.

I did see a scrubster 3x3, 2 doe - each with 2 fawns. The fawns were pretty big - but still nursing. Both mothers were trying to wean the fawns, and was being stingy with the teats. Typical women. Hording the boobs.

I went 6-for-7 on piggies. Here are a few pics (warning:gruesome).

12 Pounder

I really turned that lastone inside-out. It as pretty gruesome. This ammo I'm using is weird. Sometimes, I don't even get an exit wound (at longer ranges), sometimes the exit wounds are relatively small and sometimes, the bullets just explode. 55 gr. Winchester Hollow Points.

I know you guys aren't really into groundhog hunting... But since you fellas are pretty much the only people who hunt, who I actually talk to - you get the joy of seeing picturesand hearing the stories of all my dead animals. LOLIf my wife or family saw these pictures, they'd have me committed to an insane asylum. LMAO
Old 07-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fran- I love seeing the pics from your hogging adventures. We do alot of varmit hunting Porky's,coons, red squirrels,rabbits,ground squirrels well anything that moves that's not a deer or a turkey tends to get shot at.

I like close range with the pistols but I'm starting to like the long range stuff. Last weekend I shot a crow at 120 yards with the .22 that was fun.I think this year we are going to gut all the deer behind the cabin so we can do some yote shooting.

Al we need to see buck pics.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK Fran - here's a pic... I do a little bit of varmit hunting myself. Every spring we have a charity gopher hunt and every year I usually place in the top 3. Have won it like 4 out of the last 6 years or something...

Wasn't sure what was going to happen this year, since it snowed a fair amount the day before the hunt. Luckily, most of the snow melted by hunt time. This 10/22 is just for the pic really... The 'slayer' (22 Winchester Mag lever actionwith swift scope) is cased in thepickup.

Scored 64 gophers I believe, second was 32 and third place was 23?

That pic is a 5 gallonbucket full of gophers...

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.