Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 08-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

So what’s everybody shooting this year?

I’m shooting a Matthews Switchback set at about 53lbs (because of past shoulder injuries), gold tip arrows, WB rest, Toxonics site, 3 blade 100 gr muzzy’s, and it’s shooting around 245 FPS. I’ve also got a second bow that I shoot once in a while. Reflex Grizzly set at about 63lbs, Beaman arrows, Copper John site, WB rest and it’s also shooting around 245 FPS.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am shooting a Mathews Switchback 67 pounds, carbon express with rocky mountion 125 grain heads for the FPS I have no clue and I have a drop away rest.I am dialed in to 40 yards If I have time before I leave for Colorado I would like to be dialed in to 50 Yards.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

130- Good luck out West. Not sure where exactly Muskego is.. I've heard of it and probally have been through it but I just can't seem to place where it is. I hunt public land in Wisconsin.. New Muenster is where I'll probally be hunting during the first few weeks in Septemeber. It's near twin lakes Wisc.

Quick- My wife (we just got married 3 weeks ago) is in her 4th year as a 1st grade teacher. I am hoping to move her into a little better district once she finishes her masters so she can get a better paycheck soon. Also- love the avatar.. I'll switch as soon as I can I am just using her homeroom comp. at the moment. Won't be on-line until October 3rd or 4th.

I am shooting a Hoyt Razortec. at 64 pounds. Aluminum (that's right i still shoot the old stuff) 2117 arrows with blazer vanes at 27.5 inches. Alpine archery quiver, WB rest, Dead Nuts 2 sight. Lone Wolf and Gorilla treestands. A combo of scent-lok and scentblocker clothing in Predator Fall Gray. LaCrosse Alpha Burly boots. Nikon rangefinder and bino's. H.S. Truetalker grunt. Hanes undies. My wedding ring.. a deliberate look and a confident disposition.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Duke you are just South of me about 30 min. Good luck to you.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to you also 130.. if you need a help tracking you can give me a buzz. I love to track whitetail almost as much as I love to hunt them.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Have a great one dm and remember, it's still the XX'rs against the Bro's.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am shootin a fred bear trx 400 set at 72#, Patriot shafts, 4 in. Carbon Express vanes with thunderheads, tru-fire realease aid, Top gun sight, tru glo quiver, cobra drop away arrow rest.

As well as....Fred Bear Kodiak Magnum 50#, with home made cedars and bear green heads

And if the freezer is empty, i might have to jump in on a few drives with the old model 37
Old 08-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

DM - getting into a good district is definitely clutch. My wife subbed for 3 years to get into where she did - but it was worth it. When the boss is happy, everybody is happy. LOL

I just got an 07 HCA Iron Mace - Fuse Biscuit - Fuse sights - HCA Speed pro 5.5 arrows. 29" 70# - should be hunting with 75 grain muzzy heads at around 350-360 fps (if they fly ok - still haven't tried it). I got the arrows just to cause a stir with my hunting buddies and the guys on here - really had no intent on hunting with them. But, the more I shoot them, the more I realize that they're a pretty sturdy arrow. Faster than a bum on a ham sandwich. I can't judge yardage to save my life, so I needed something a little bit faster totake the"arch" out.

Got some scentlok (mixture of Predator Fall Gray and Deception). I have some Lacross Alpha Burly boots, but I don't know why I even wear them. I've got the tread worn off the bottom, and so many damn holes poked in the stinkin' things that I have to avoid mud puddles. Due for a new pair.

Champagne taste - Beer money.

I also prefer Hanes.

A few Fred Bear guys on the team. I like that. I hunted with a Jennings for about 8 seasons before I retired her in lieu of the High Country. No nonsense, solid hunting bows. Underrated.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't worry Rob... I did not forget. I will always be a Bro...
Old 08-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Team 13 you guys have got one heck of a hunter in Duke!!! I would take him every year

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.