Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread >

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Congrats on the opening morning doe, and great shot!
I can almost smell inner loins on the grill, buttermilk biscuits in the oven, eggs in the pan and a pot of country gravy to smother it all in!
Congrats again, and good luck this evening.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Diesel great job ..opening morning doe...what a start!
Sounds like you had some good action. I know it's been blowing here
like crazy, didn't know if you were getting that or not. It still hasn't let up.

No rain here though since like 5 AM.. I feel ya Jim and Sliver it's tough sitting on the sidelines! I can't be anymore prepared..Just washed all the clothes and safety harness this morning. I've shot so much I'm now launching 65 yard bombs just to keep it interersting! Even those are cutting black ~
Old 09-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I here ya GR8, took my new/used bow compleatly apart the other night and lubed her up just to make sure there is no creeks or pops in her, made new strings for her and gave her a name, Mrs Dash! (after the meat tenderizer) Just have to finish sighting her in now.
Will be getting all our hunting clothes out this week to wash and be ready.
The sons season started today (same state as Diesels) will talk to him tonight and see how things went, he seen two big ones this week.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulation Diesel Great job.

I put another stand up today.

I hope those chops are great.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. Was a great day all in all. Had a bunch of does and fawns around me tonight, and one little basket rack. Didnt matter I didnt see any shooters, I was so happy to be up in that tree, I was smiling the whole time tonight!

So who's season hasnt started? And when is your opening day? I know Gr8, Silver and Jim's seasons havent started, when are you guys up to bat and who else is still waiting for the gate to drop??
Old 09-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to here you had such a great day in the wood Diesel, I know I was smiling just reading your story!
Talked to my Son tonight, He's not as tuff as you Diesel, said he got up this morning and it was pouring rainso hejumped back in bed! He had a good afternoon though, a field full of deer, couple of does 15 yards in front of him, and Mr Big at 60 yards but walked away from him. Just a matter of time and a little luck till Rutnutt slips a Rage through him.
We set a date for me to get to MD looks like the 10th of Oct, that will give me a week befor muzzle loader season starts.

TEmbry, Nick Hull, and firemedic season have all started, not sure about the rest.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bam, back to the first page!
The wife and I glassed a few fields tonight, seen almost a hundred deer, 26 bucks and not a shooter in the bunch. The biggest one might have grossed 100", thats pretty darn sad!

Old 09-17-2007, 05:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sliver you just gotta trust that they are there. I got no Giants on film yet either..Course it didn't help that my camera died the first day it was out! (battery not charged??) anyway I had 2 buck pics..smallish 8's

We know there are bigger ones out there..and you do too..hang tough bro!
Old 09-17-2007, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah Im seeing less and less big boys now as well. Thats why I learned to get cameras up early as they are much more likely to come out in daylight. If I would have started glassing now I would never have known the quality of bucks that are out there. If you read back on these pages, I glass several times a week especially the 2 weeks proir to the season opener just because I know the big boys will start disapearing during October, happens every year for me.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys,

Congrats Diesel. Great start to the season. Well my season opener wasn't as good , but it felt wonderful to be in the tree. At 0615 the horses showed up again to pay me a visit, so I had to get down and run them off. Saw a turkey at about 30+ yds and that was it for the AM. In the afternoon I was at full on a turkey needing it to take 2 more steps to clear the brush for a clear braodside shot at 15 yards. I had forgot my cap so my white forehead was showing over my 3/4 facemask and I got busted. The turkey turned and walked straight back up the hill.

Temps here are back up in the 80s and 90s. For the next week my schedule is packed, but I'll try to be out the beginning of next week for some evening hunts.

Quick Reply: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.