Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread >

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I found a picture of last falls elk.

It was 20 below and we were at 12400 feet. looks like a Great time huh.
I just got the horns back last week.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

Thx guys i will definitly have more time after this weekend this is the last points race at the track GLAD THAT WILL BE OVER. But i will definitly check in more often.
Very nice Elk Jim. Awesome!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good jon Nick!!!

Man thats awesome Jim!!!!

Went out tonight, saw 11 deer, no bucks lol. They are onto me now I think!!

Im going to hunt the pine/spruce woods just above a bedding area where I shot the doe Saturday morning,its between a staging area and beans. See how that goes tomorrow. I think with the moon coming up n the full moon phase, thebucks are coming out a bit later.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:25 PM

he guys, went out wood duck huntin for the opener of early season today and we freakin mauled them. non stop action, but cant kill too many when the limit is two per person[&:]. limited out for 5 people though.the cool part of the story is one of my buddies that went, it was his first duck hunt ever. so when a group of 4 tried landing on us, we let him shoot first and he dropped one, i folded one of the birds flaring off and my other friend unloaded on the other two but missed. we both went to retrieve our birds. his was chest deep in the reeds(had waders on) but mine fell up in the woods. I got to mine and it tried flying away, it got to 35-40 yards and wasnt stopping so i dropped it again. bout the time i picked it up i realized it was banded, and heard my buddy yell out hey it has a band thing on its foot

so we doubled up on banded woodies, my first band, and his first duck ever. wat are the odds?

this weekend we should be bowhunting mornings and duck huntin evenings if everything works out as planned.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great bull Jim, Kind of hard to smile when your hind quarters are up around your neck trying to keep the rest of your body warm aint it?
Not a Tarzan fan are ya Bawana?
When my Bird Dogs are barking I stick my head out the back door and yell SIMBA... UNGAWA and they all shut up and go lay down, trained them that way when they were pups, the part time neighbors on one side of me think im nuts, but their young and dont have a clue.

Thats awesome TEmbry, double banded woodies, and his first! Good luck this weekend.

Could be worse Diesel, Look at GR8, if his season doesn't open soon hes gonna be shooting from 100 yards with the opposite hand!

Old 09-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOl too funny about the dogs TE!

OH Im not complaining about not seeing bucks, I'll figure em out, its a matter of time. Im out there every evening so its going to take 1 mistake for them. Eventually I get my chance you can count on that. Im a persistent b00ger thats for sure and luckily my wonderful wife laets go out every night for a few hours, god bless her!! hehe
Old 09-20-2007, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sliver I still use the old Unk Tantor from the Tarzan series..lol glad someone else remembers that! As for shooting the 100 yard practice shot that may happen (I'm routinely at 65yards now)..but the opposite hand......my step-son is left handed..I've tried to help him sight in..I can't hit the yard, left handed[8D]

Bawanna, Wow nice Elk! Where was that hunt??

Tembry, now thats shaping up to be a fun weekend..enjoy and Good luck!

Diesel, as you know it only takes seconds for a blah night to turn into the best night ever! Keep your butt in the seat, you'll get your chance! (and so true about the Wive's..God Bless'em is right!)
Old 09-21-2007, 05:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

How about these board updates lately..huh At this rate I'll get a raise at work! I keep getting too much done when HNI is down!!
Old 09-21-2007, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys sounds like everyones having a good time. I've typed a number of responses only to have them vanish into the cyber worlds black hole.
Trembly sounds like some great wood duck hunting,our season hasn't started yet but when it does I'll spend a few evenings in the beaver dams.
Silver, the bawana comes from " Uhuru " one of Robert Ruark's greatest books. But I'm a Tarzan fan from way back.
Gr8 , We elk hunt in Northern Wyoming,in the Crandall Creek area .It a beautiful place,and great hunting but some times the weather kicks our ass.But then again we have hunted in nice weather also heres a bull from about five years ago.

Quick Reply: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.