Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread >

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 11:37 AM

Default RE: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

alright checkin in, with no good news really lol. got out yesterday mornin, decent wind, only saw 1 deer, a little 3 pointer. we were filming and he got so close the camera view got cut off by my treestand platform. he actually started LICKING the screw in treesteps! lmao. he ended up bedding down 7 yards behind our stand, and it wasnt until then that he looked up at us. still stayed around for a total of about 2 1/2 hrs probably.

went out that afternoon to really strong swirlin winds, so we left early to not spread anymore scent, and didnt see anything.

this mornin we switched it up and went to the other side of the farm. bad idea lol. the neighboring land owner, comes walking by about 50 yards away walking his dog and playin fetch in our direction....we gave up came home to get a nap before this afternoons dove shoot. i wont even get close to 12 for 18, awesome numbers diesel. ill be more around 5 for 50? lol
Old 09-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool write up TE. At least you were able to get out there. What kind of tree are you hunting in/out of? Man I wish we could hunt on Sundays. I would rather they take one weekday away from us than not be able to hunt Sundays. Most working stiffs cant hunt weekday mornings, and weekends is usually family, house, erands, etc time. Having another weekend day to hunt would be HUGE.

Yoy'll get a shot at a nice one sooner or later. Are you filming for yourself or for a campany? I'd make sure that neighbor knew from here on out on weekends there will be hunters in the woods.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:08 PM

yea we just film for ourselves....My friend picked up a gl2 and all the goodies over the summer so we thought we would try it out.....Big upgrade from what we previously used on turkey hunts. I don't even care for filming bowhunts really, IMO were just beginners and bowhunting is hard enough as is, before you add another challenge....im more into filming turkey hunts mainlyand duck hunts.as far as turkey goes, id be just as happy calling and running the camera than being the shooter. i can'tgetenough of callin to the big toms. ill be toting my bow this spring here in ky, ill prob take the benelli for the roadtrips down south, or north if we find aspot lol.

Dove shoot was awesome, but me and a friend had to leave at 530, right when the action was really heating up. we managed to drop 11 between us, drew feathers on about 5 more, and only used about 1 to 1 1/2 boxes of shells for both of us. not bad for our shootin skills. My other friend stayed till dark, he ended up gettin 13 but used near 3 boxes of shells lol. headin back out tomorow afternoon, hopefully till dark this time.

i hear you on the sunday hunting too. I dont understand why some states dont allow it. if it has to do with church, 99% of the time, im home in time to catch the last session if i choose to go.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went scouting last night, was g;assing one of my stands thats on the edge of a bean field, saw the big 9pt and 5 othe bucks was withing 15 yards of my stand. Now if I can get them to do that 2 weeks from now I'll be a happy camper.

Going out to blast some dives today. Should be real good because they were choppong the corn on Saturday. The birds should be working the fields real good by now.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys I appreciate the well wishes on the property. I really didn't Lose anything..it was a new property that I was excited about. I still have my properties from previous years. Hung 2 ladder stands Monday (hung 1 new one, moved one old one). Went down to the public grounds Sunday Squirrel hunting (scouting locations was the prime motive). Wow the dove hunters were out in force. Saw 5 deer 1 little 6 point with another buck of unknown porportions, and 3 doe. Found some excellent stand locations. This is a good area..I took an 8pt there in 2003..there are some bonified monsters down there. The only requirement is to get far from the roads where the masses won't go. I usually do this anyway.

Tembry nice report..it sure feels good to get in the woods again..huh.. Good luck, get us on the board early!

Diesel thats some good shooting on the dove..gonna have to get you up here for a crow shoot this winter!
Old 09-04-2007, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh yeah Diesel..I don't know if you remember but in June. I posted that I ran an Ad in the local paper for some land to hunt..in trade for helping out on the farm (property). I made a great contact with a local DNR officer who just needed some help with land management and some minor tasks on hisfarm. This would have been a great deal, until I pulled up lame, and couldn't do any work. Kinda tough to tell the guy, hey I can't do any work..but I'd love to hunt! So some of my plans this year have taken a dive.

I have solidified my local places (except 1 and I can't catch up with the Lady..I've been there 3 times). I have Public Ohio land about 45 minutes from me and more another 10 minutes from there. I also have Public Pa land less than 25 minutes away. It's not like I'm hurting for land..it's just like toys..the more the better.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh man, you had me worried there. I thought you were SOL for the season and lost your main property.

I didnt do so well dove hunting yesterday lol. I guess I got too confident lol. Shot my 12 but it wasnt pretty, shot more than a box lets put it that way. Id love to shoot some crows
Old 09-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

MM, your exactly right it was Sorges but it's been years...lol Maybe I'll bring the wife up for dinner and you guys could meet us. ?

No, it wasn't a sprained ankle, I ruptured my Achillies tendon. The doc wrote me off 3 months and surgery was 3 weeks ago this past Thursday. I'm suppose the have this cast on (no weight) for another week and half and he'll reassess....perhaps another 3 weeks after that. I'm following Gr8's recovery, he did the same thing and at just less than 60 days he's in tennis shoes so I'm hopeful. That puts me at Oct 7 so you bet your ass I'll be hunting. I appreciate the offer on the DB. I have one blind and access to others. If I can make the field, I can make the treestands.....I know, I know me.
You probably have a week to ten daysto get up here before all hell breaks loose. After that maybe a month. I still have my boat in the water we could take you for a cruz on Seneca lake and boat over to a nice restaurant on the water. This is wine country you andyour wife could spend the night in my boat or ata hotel andtour thelakes and wineries one day. PM me withyour schedule and we'll see if we canfigure something out.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

ORIGINAL: Mantis Mayer
Diesel is your garage a fixer upper? I’m moving in!
Yeah TE did you get out? Se anything?

MM come on down man. Ive got lots of room in my garage but you'll have to share it with this lol ...

Well we pulled out of town at 2:30 PM Sunday and I got back from OC MD at 2:30 AM this morning, Traffic was a nightmare till I got across the Bay Bridge, Stop and go on the Bridge, Made me wounder if the Engineers had that in mind when it was built!! Thats a long way down to the Water!!

Diesel, we have one of those SS's, an 85, Only difference is ours has Centerlines with the circles and hasen't been Tubbed yet. As a matter of fact we have had 3 of them over the years, I called them my Poor man's Vet! Wish I would have hung on to the Black one with T tops, but we swaped it off for a 67 Peral White Nova already set up for Racing, less engine and tran's.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh thats awesome Silver. I bought that off the showroom. The car is minu tubbed with drag radials and 2 hair dryers on it lol.

Ive only run 6lbs of boost in it which dyno'd at 687 rwhp but it will make up to 30lbs of boost and around 1200 HP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4XHWwdt1Mg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH13mJ3-vSk

Quick Reply: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.