HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201683-14-official-team-buck-wild-thread.html)

PYbuckhunter 08-18-2007 12:52 PM

RE: 14- Official Team 14 Thread

That is a pretty cool avatar. Team Buck Wild will work for me.

Season opens here in Wisconsin Sept.15 . Can't wait!

NEW61375 08-19-2007 07:53 PM

We almost went to page three, just bumping us up a bit. How do you apply the avatar pic to your avatar. It's been so long I can't remember.

EDIT

I ended upsaving theavatar pic to my documents and opening itwith MS Paint and under image hit Stretch/Skew and then I downsized it to 65% Horizontal and 65% vertical which put the pic size at 143 x 143 and a hair under 10 kb, which is under the 145 x 145 / 10 kb size that the avatar pic is required to be. There has to be an easier way though.

mert_04 08-20-2007 07:11 AM

The avatar looks good. Any sign of the last guy or are we going to get a replacement?

densfbs 08-20-2007 07:16 AM

Hey guys sorry I have been out since Friday. My wife has me doing a bunch of honey do's. I guess she knows I won't be around to do them during hunting season.

I like the avatar pretty cool!!! That would also make a pretty cool shirt but I know that thread was beat to death to other areas. We will let the capatin decide.

densfbs 08-20-2007 07:24 AM

What equipment do you guys hunt with?

I have a Mathews Switchback XT, Winners Choice Strings, Dead Nuts Pro Sight shooting Easton Gold Tips Ultralight 22's with 2" blazers, and Hyper Shock broad heads.

mert_04 08-20-2007 07:41 AM

I've got a Bowtech Tomkat, Tru-Glo sight, MZE rest, and shooting Gold Tips with 2" blazers and Slick Tricks.

NEW61375 08-20-2007 09:42 AM

ORIGINAL: densfbs

I like the avatar pretty cool!!! That would also make a pretty cool shirt but I know that thread was beat to death to other areas. We will let the capatin decide.
Here is a link to elkslayer338 's website (he made the avatar).We can order t-shirts, stickers, etc. Just click on our logo and you can see some of the stuff up there.

http://www.cafepress.com/elkslayer/2573961

You can shoot him a pm if you have any specific questions. Last year we all got t shirts and wore them under are camos(or just brought themwith us)so we could take our contest picture representing our team.Iwould order a shirt for thatand just to have because that avatar is pretty sweet.

original: mert04

The avatar looks good. Any sign of the last guy or are we going to get a replacement?
No sign of him yet. Myself and Rob/PA have e-mailed amd pm'd him with no response. He created an account in July then had 4 or 5 posts, one of which was the contest sign-up, and he has not been logged in or posted since then. I think we will get an alternate soon.

I hunt with a Mathews Q2XL (65#), Vital Gear Pro Slide sight,Goldtip 5575's with 4" feathers and Rocket Steelhead 100's.

I also hunt with a Martin Hunter recurve (45# at 28"), Easton 2117's with 5" feathers and 125 gr Rocket Ultimate Steels.

NEW61375 08-20-2007 01:47 PM

Thought I would add Rule #7 to our thread so we know what we need as far as our contest pics and scoring (will post a link for scoring).

Here is scoring link: http://www.pope-young.org/scoresheets.asp

7. You must have a pictured posted on the contest page within the Official Score Card thread to enter a deer. The bow must be in the picture and the entire deer must be in the picture, no skull pictures, no rack pictures...the buck, the bow, and yourself must be in the picture.....call me skeptical. This rule will be enforced this year, no exceptions with no apologies.

Also on the Official Rules thread is the format we will use when entering scores, everyone should check that out.

zs93 08-20-2007 05:05 PM

Nice Avatar. I ordered two shirts while I was at it, one for me and one for PyBuckHunter (got ya covered cheapo). Hopefully I can show it off behind a tall tined buck.

Well we were up north this weekend and got a few photos off the camera's but no shooters....yet. The next time I check them they will have been up there for 4 weeks, so I hope we have some shooters.

PYbuckhunter 08-20-2007 05:55 PM

My bro knows me so well. I shoot a Golden Eagle SplitFire, Carbon Express select 300, four inch feathers tiped with G5 tekans. TM rest, Cobra fiber optic sight. All OLD stuff (to cheap to buy all the new high tech stuff). But I shoot the hell out of the lung area on my McKenzie. If it aint broke I don't fix it.
By the way thanks for the shirt $ bags!