HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201683-14-official-team-buck-wild-thread.html)

deerslayer223 08-20-2007 07:18 PM

RE: 14- Official Team 14 Thread

i shoot a crossbow horton legend xt 175lb with spitfire 100gr.

densfbs 08-21-2007 07:51 AM

We are getting rain!!!! first time in about 20 days.

mert_04 08-21-2007 08:05 AM

Yeah, it's been raining here in MI for the last few days.

densfbs 08-21-2007 09:16 AM

Has anyone noticed the mast crop this year?

PYbuckhunter 08-21-2007 11:07 AM

We have gotten over 6 inches of rain here in the last 4 days! The acorn mast is very good this year, quite a few oaks already dropping loads of them.

densfbs 08-21-2007 12:18 PM

I wish I could say the same for us. We have a few nuts falling but nothing like in years past. One good thing about it is that if you have a tree that is producing nuts this year hunt it. It is still a little early yet so we will see what hapens.

densfbs 08-21-2007 12:20 PM

Has anyone gotten any good trail cam pics yet this year?

zs93 08-21-2007 05:29 PM

I don't have much for pics yet but I have half of a deer that may look good once his velvet comes off (attached) but I am not sure he will score much. Like I said, I hope to have some nice pics in about a month. That will be the next time I will be able to check the camera's.

Also, here in Wisconsin we have to shoot a doe before we can even think about any buck. So, the plan is to go whack a doe or two opening weekend.

NEW61375 08-22-2007 06:09 AM

I have been slacking on my trail cam work this year. I got one camera I may put out this weekend and another I need to reprogram and put out (had to re order the owners manual). I may have some newpics in a couple of weeks. Our mast crop is probably gonna suffer because we have had such a dry spring/summer. I'm doing some stand hanging this weekend so I might sneak in and check out the oak bottoms and see what the situation is. On the up side the corn and beans still look pretty good and usually right after the farmer harvests the corn my buddy and I go out and put out winter wheat/alfalfa/snow peamix in two pockets of the field that are hidden from view. Works out well because the soil is already prepared and all we basically have to do is mix the seed with some sand, spread it, and we got a nice late season food plot.

densfbs 08-22-2007 06:58 AM

I am kind of excited about my bottom ground this year as well. We have had very wet falls the last few years and I have been unable to hunt it. The water has been at least knee high the last two years during the rut so it has been impossible to get to a tree unless you take a boat. Seems like it is one extreme or another these days. But, unless something changes drastically things look good.

I have nothing exciting to report on my trail cams yet either. Hopefully after the first cool spell we will get more movement.