HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201683-14-official-team-buck-wild-thread.html)

PYbuckhunter 08-16-2007 10:45 AM

RE: 14- Official Team 14 Thread

NEW61375 if you don't mind and your logged in all the time then you have my vote.
I see their looking for names of all Team captains

Lets see if we can get a name and pick a captain before this weekend.

NEW61375 08-16-2007 10:59 AM

As soon as we pick a name I got another member(elkslayer) that said he could makes us an avatar, and the ones he makes are sweet. Lets see if we can pick between Team Buck Wild orTeam Hun10Fools.

1 for Buck Wild;)

densfbs 08-16-2007 11:05 AM

An avatar would be sweet.

2 for Team Buck Wild (has a nice ring to it don't you think)

I hope we can back it up!!!

zs93 08-16-2007 04:16 PM

I also like Hun10fools but it doesn't seem like that is going to make it so lets go with BuckWild.

I would also vote for NEW61375 to be captain if he doesn't mind. I will try to get on here a little more often also but unlike PYBuckHunter I actually do work hard (he is my brother I would know).

Only about a month until the Wisconsin bow opener............

deerslayer223 08-16-2007 09:52 PM

hey fellas sorry i havent been on in a few days been busy scouting deer and shooting the bow. I like hun10fools but buckwild would be ok with me also. As far as team captain goes it doesnt really matter to me. I was just wondering what are you fella's looking for as far as bucks go whats it take to make you take the shot. Personaly myself im going to take the first buck that gives me a ethical shot it's hard enough around my area to see a buck so im opportunistic.

mert_04 08-17-2007 06:12 AM

I like Team Buck Wildfor our team nameand as fora captain my vote is for NEW61375. Does anyone have the ability to design an avatar with our team name and some photo?

densfbs- That buck is awesome. Best of luck to you.

mert_04 08-17-2007 06:16 AM

This is my first year bowhunting and as for the property I'm hunting it's 160 acres of private. I'm the only one hunting it and no one has hunted it for quite some time now. Personally I have not seen any bucks but lots of sign and I talk to a guy that drives by there alot and he said he's seen some really nice bucks around there. Hopefully, I'll connect with one of them. I'll be hunting Michigan mainly but I might head out to Minnesota the first part of November if I can find some way to ditch class.

NEW61375 08-17-2007 06:30 AM

Hey mert04 as soon as we pick the name we can get our avatar made up.
I will go ahead and put my name on the captains list thread since it seems everyone is ok with that. I sure would like to get that name up soon as well so I can send it to elkslayer to create an avatar for us.

Team Buck Wild might make for a good avatar;) (two bucks fighting or something like a buck shredding a tree). That was a shameless pitch for Buck Wild again.:D

mert_04 08-17-2007 06:33 AM

I like Team Wild Buck with a picture of a buck shredding a tree. Sounds good to me.

NEW61375 08-17-2007 06:45 AM

A little about me. I'm 32 father of three, 2 boys (13 & 6), and 1 daughter(10 months).Love tofish, camp, hang with the family and of course hunt.As far as season goes, I can't wait!! This season I will have a good amount of vacation time and some great spots. I hunt several military bases in NC and VA, I hunt a large piece of private land on the Eastern Shore, a couple of small private pieces in Chesapeake & VA Beach, and my father and I have 100 acre farm in Dinwiddie County, VA.

I am usually pretty good about putting out my trail cams but I only put one out this year and got the film developed onlyonce(old camera). I'll post a couple of pics. Last year I didn't get out too much in the early season as my daughter was born on Oct.23 and my free time was limited. I did manage to kill a small 6 with my bow for the contest last year on Oct 21. I've been doing lots of on line scouting(aerial photos, topos) and quite a bit of field spotting. I have several stands already up and just hung 4 more two weekends ago. From here on out I will stay out of the woods and I focus more on prep.like shooting, organizing my gear, my schedule, and as much walking/exercise I can get in. :DSEPTEMBER 8th is the NC bow opener, so if you know any deer in that state, tell them to take cover.:D