HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201683-14-official-team-buck-wild-thread.html)

NEW61375 08-17-2007 07:02 AM

RE: 14- Official Team 14 Thread

Last years contest buck:

My VA trophy wall (except for the half rack buck, he hailed from NC):

Here is a link to my old Trail Cam Thread (sorry for the picture size)
NEW61375 (trail cam pics)

densfbs 08-17-2007 07:58 AM

Sounds like we have a captain. Now we just need to agree on the name. As it looks team buck wild has the most votes, we just need a couple more guys to agree to it and I think we are set. All that will be left to do is arrow a couple of big monsters early and make a statement!

Thanks mert, I am hoping he walk my way in the early season but a bug like that stays pretty well hidden except for a couple of weeks a year when he is love sick.

densfbs 08-17-2007 08:04 AM

Alittle info about myself. I am 33 father of two boys (4 and 7 months) yes I have my hands full most of the time. My job keeps me very busy but I usually save most of my vacation time for hunting. I love to hunt, golf and be in the outdoors and spend time with my family.

I have about got everything ready to go. I got a new string on my bow a couple of weeks ago so I am fine tuning that. I should be finished with sighting in over the weekend and can then practice different situations I might encounter in the woods. I still have a couple of stands to hang and a camera to place. I am running a little behind but in southern Indiana it has been in the 100's the last two weeks so everything has been pretty slow as far as deer movement goes.

PYbuckhunter 08-17-2007 11:05 AM

Glad to see mert 04 is back. Now if we could get a few of the others to join in, we could get a name. How long do they give someone to sign in on a team? It's looking like we'll need an alternate.
Some info. about myself. My first name is Aaron, I am 35, a father of two (girl-9, boy-7), and the brotherof zs93 (He likes to talk smack, so humor him).I enjoy hunting and ice fishing and spending time with my wife and kids.Bowhunting hasbeen a little slow the last couple of years, 2004 was the last time I filled my buck tag. I pass upquite a few bucks every year, waiting forthe ONE. Not saying Idon't makemistakes, but my goal every year isto shoot a 130+gross. We have some good hunting landon three different private properties here in Wisconsin, so we have the potential to score big!
Check out my 2006 photo gallery:
http://www.huntingnet.com/gallery/photo-detail.aspx?u=79025

NEW61375 08-17-2007 11:27 AM

Great pics PYbuckhunter, some real nice bucks there. Hope you have some good luck with one this season and get Team 14 on top. I don't want to say how big but I have more time to hunt this year so I "plan" on being a little more picky, we'll see. I contacted Rob/Pa about alternates the other day, I think it is just a matter of time. I told him Team Buck Wild,(sorry a little early I guess)but if the otherswant a name changewe can probably change it later.

That's cool your brother and you got the same team. My olderbrother(35) is in Iraq but he is hoping to be homeby Nov or Dec and catch the tail end of the season. I'll be glad when he's back and hopefully we canget after someof those Southeast VA monsters.;)

NEW61375 08-17-2007 11:39 AM

Ruttnutt
I just noticed you hunt in MD. Do you ever hunt on the Eastern Shore or any bases like Pax River? I was born in St. Marys County and spent a lot of years in MD as my dad was stationed at Pax a lot, some real nice land to hunt.

mert_04 08-17-2007 02:32 PM

A little more about myself. I'm 21 and for the next year and a half a college student. School stats in a week and a half and I'm not looking foward to that at all. As already stated this is my first year bowhunting and I'm counting the days till season. I spend most of my time either doing something hunting related, working-out or working.

I'm not going to be around this weekend so if we end out voting on a team name my vote is for Team Buck Wild .

rutt 08-18-2007 12:02 AM

Mert,

Sorry I didn't get back to you until now.I'm from southwestern CT,Fairfield county.That is where I do almost all my killing.Unlimited doe tags and an extra buck tag for every three does you shoot.

zs93 08-18-2007 05:55 AM

I am leaving for the weekend and tomorrow we are going out to check cameras so hopefully I will have some pics for you guys to check out. A little about myself. I am 29 and I have one son (age 5) and I enjoy hunting and golfing in between working.

Enough about me............lets get ready to win this thing. It seems like some of these otherteams on here are a little cocky so lets just lay in the weeds and smoke em when the season opens.

NEW61375 08-18-2007 07:13 AM

Here is an avatar from elkslayer338.

That thing is nice.