Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 9-Official The Dream Team Thread >

9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 10:21 PM

Default RE: 9-Official Team Thread

Tribal that's awesomej! Glad you connected. I'm going to try on last time tommorrow night. Weather looks good. Been warm & windy her past few days. Supposed to drop into the high 20's tommorrow night & be calm. What do you all think about laying a scent line to that same tree I was in. I hope something might come thru like he did. This time my release is going to be coated w/some oil to eliminate any noise. This weekend opens gun season, so bowhunting per say is out until Dec. 9th.Then bow is opentill Ibelieve Jan.7th. But I do have that private property, so I could hunt w/the bow, but have to wear orange. Thanks to all for the positive words. Man what a bummer. I was up Monday night till 2am thinking of what I would/should have done different. Hopefully, my luck will change tommorrow night. I am doing the bow hunt, & then packing for Fri. morning to leave for the opener on the Sat. Continued Good luck to all.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like we have all been very busy.
in da woods sorry to here about your buck. Those angles can really reek havok.
Tribal Congrats I cant wait to see pics
I have been going nuts with the cell phone pic's of my buck. They sold me a software and blue tooth thing with my LG cell phone.
I install everything on my computer and then my cell phone say's it cant connect to it so it looks like I will have to make a 3rd trip to the cingular store and go around with them again on this $#%&*#@ thing. Of course they dont have a good old USB cable in stock to connect my cellphone to my computer[:@][:'(][:@]
I decided to do a skull mount of my buck so I buried the head to let mother nature clean it for me, but I will get outside this weekend since I dont shotgun hunt and will have free time this weekend since I cant bowhunt during shotgun and get the rack scored.
I have been bowhunting 7 mornings a week before work and then working till 7 pm, and bowhunting afternoons on sat and sunday so I havent been on here much, the bow shop is finally starting to slow down so I will now get to get out and hunt more afternoons,I am now going to hunt a paticular buck that I have left alone till now I have been waiting for the right time and conditions
I did get another doe last week and had a friend take a pic.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

WAY TO GO TRIBAL!!!! That is just what we needed!!! I can't wait to see the pics, your story was awesome!!!

I have been hunting hard, seeing plenty of "little guys", nothing I want to drag out of the woods though. I have about two weeks before the good hunting ends so I am confident something will fall in that time frame....

With the quality of hunters we have on this team we are far from done! Let's keep the "Dream" alive!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Tribal. Way to get us on the board.

I haven't been on here much lately. Between work, building a new house and hunting as much as I can, it doesn't leave much time to get on here.

No successona mature buck yet. I've never had so many 1 and 2 year old bucks within 20 yards of my setup. I had one 3 year old buck pass within 5 yards of my stand but just wasn't what I was looking for. He was about 18-20 inches wide with decent mass, but he only had seven points. There's a couple bucks over 150 that have been spotted in my areawhich I'm holding out for. In fact, one may be pushing 170. Hopefully, I can connect on one of those. Only success so far...westarted filming hunts this year and I was able to kill a doe on camera which was pretty cool. With any luck, I'll be able to contribute to the team before too long.

Good luck all and we'll talk to you soon!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lady Forge nice doe, always fun to take our share of those. Doubled 150 it would be awesome to connect with one of those monsters. Good Luck! in da woods, keep your hopes up it will pay off. Antler Eater, we have to be patient for the big ones right?

Well team here he is. I am waiting for my taxidermist to call me for antler pick up so I can get a tape on him. I figure he will make Pope and Young book anyway.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another

Old 11-15-2007, 10:29 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

The pictures are working now for me. Wow... he is a stud !! Great job on a brute!!

Tim
Old 11-16-2007, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tribal, What a beauty!!! I love that dark rack!! You are my hero... He is one fine specimen, congratulations, great job! I have not seen one like that walk by in a very long time; that bad boy is going to score well.

Now the rest of us have a job to do.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

Way to go tribal. Maybe this will be the start of things to come for us.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tribal;
What aAWESOME looking buck and GREAT pic's to boot... nice job!!!!!
Cant wait to hear what he scores... and you should get BONUS POINTS for wearing the HNI hat in the pic's

I friend of mine that I bowfish with HNI Christine said if I text her my cell phone pics on my cell phone she will be able to post my buck pic's for me and I think I have figured out how to text them to her, so we may yet get these dang buck photo's posted but whether or not they will accept them in the contest will be a whole nother matter.
I am so behind on the high tech stuff I own ... cant seem to figure the stuff out most of the time or I am just having
Old Blonde moments

HNI Member Hazcon stopped by to visit me yesterday he showed me pics of a real nice buck he got and will be posting pic's with his score on his team thread
( I think he is on team 4 )any time now.

Quick Reply: 9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.