Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread. >

7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

Good Luck dmen! Let us know how you make out. RI opens on Monday and I am planning to head out Monday afternoon and also try and get out Saturday to CT again. I was supposed to hunt some public land in CT this afternoon with a friend, but he never called so I'm just gonna work. This kinda helps out, now this afternoon I'll be able to get over to my friend's place and grab my doe out of his walk-in and get it to the butcher.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Finally, I can get back in here after the site being down
Old 09-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

Well, i had no luck but a good day of hunting. I had three does playing at the foot of my tree stand for quite a while, just watching them is enough fun for me. Unfortunately in Maine if I took one of the does my season would be over, not just bow season, but all of my hunting season so i am going to be quite picky for the first month anyway.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:04 PM

any luck on the one you are watching slatflat? i got my game cam moved and will check this weekend. October 1st ours begins
Old 09-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out opening morning (yesterday) and had a spike come in for a while before spooking off. That was it. Oh and a coon or two [&:].

Maybe next week.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yesterday was one of the few times I saw nothing at the place I hunt in CT. Got to my honey hole and there was the landowner's wife raking acorns out of the horse run because her horses eat them and get sick. I figured she is part of the natural environment there anyway, so I hunt the spot. bad move. Although she raked the acorns into my shooting lane, the only animals that were browsing on acorns yesterday were her horses "vacuuming" up the ones she missed. At least I found my arrow from the doe I shot last week Tomorrow is the opener in RI, I'm going to work in the morning and hunt the afternoon.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sitting here at work on RI opening day, waiting for the afternoon stand. I just got a call that there's an 8 pointer hanging in my friend's walk-in, shot maybe 1/4 mile from where I'll be sitting tonight. Don't know if thats one of the bucks thats been frequenting the area I'll be hunting or not. Anyway, good luck to everyone whose season is starting today!
Old 10-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 7-Official Team 7 Thread.

haven't heard from anyone in a while, has anyone had any luck yet. i have been seeing lots of deer, but all does.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw a buck on the side of the road yesterday if that counts... He decided to high tail it into the woods instead of running out in front of the truck I know someone who has permission to hunt that property, but it isn't me. Saw a couple does on opening day in RI but no shot opportunities. Haven't been out since. This new house thing is gonna make this season tough.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:01 AM

well I have only seen my buck a couple of times since then. I have the luxury of being able to sit in my truck and watch them. I want to pretty well patern him before i go in there and screw it up. I had my trail cam in there and got a fork horn and a doe and pictures of people. So I took my trail cam out till this weekend.

Quick Reply: 7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.