2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

24-Official Team 24/7 Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 24-Official Team 24 Thread

Dave,

Great job on the doe.

Good luck on getting that smasher buck.

Take care,

Brian
Old 09-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

Not much going on in my last outing Monday morning, but tonight was "interesting". I set up early afternoon in a deep woods oak flat - whiteoaks are just starting to drop around here. Around sunset, I heard deer approaching in dense understory and could barelymake outa racked buck scavenging acorns in the thicket about thirty yds away. I could hear another deer walking in the vicinity,but could not make him out. I wasn't too excited about the first buck until he fed away into a small opening and I could see good mass and a rack beyond the ears, holy cow! Unfortunately he left the area, but definitely an adult buck -- his companion got within ~25 yds, but stayed in the dense thicket and left to join his buddy - I could see thathe was branched, but could not tell if it was the other buck's grandson or granddad... that adrenaline rush iswhy we keep coming back for more, lol.

-fsh
Old 09-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys,

Just wondering how everyone season is going. Our season opener is on Saturday and I have plans for a morning hunt, not real sure about the afternoon yet.

Can't wait, I'm ready to go.

Take care,

Brian
Old 09-27-2007, 03:48 AM
Typical Buck

I've been out almost every day in spite of the heat. Deer for the most part are hitting white oak acorns - nice becausenot all white oaks areproducing this fall. I'veseen two more mature bucks show up in acorn flats, but neither was a shooter - and I never had a shot opportunity anyway. I huntedEAB TDM property for the first time yesterday,just 2 does and 2 fawns passed~100 yds away.

Good luck on your opener Brian, let us know how it went. At least the cold front will have done its job.
fsh
Old 09-28-2007, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

The season here in SD started last weekend. Temps have been pretty warm and extremely windy. Im not a big fan of being 20 plus feet up a tree with 35mph winds and super warm temps. So I havent been able to go out yet. I did see a really nice buck about 400yds from the trees my stand is in feeding in a picked corn field. Im still waiting for the cornfield next to my stand to be combined. Good luck everyone!!
Old 10-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys sorry to say no blood was drawn by me, but on saturday afternoon my buddy I was hunting with shot a good sized doe so with the weather rather warm I decided to help him with the gutting and dragging out process.

I also checked my game cameras over the weekend and here are a few pictures I got. I was pleasantly suprised with the bucks we filmed especially for heavily pressured areas I hunt. Hopefully I can score on one soon.[8D]

Enjoy, stay safe and good luck.

Brian

Old 10-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Typical Buck

Brian
good luck on the buck, he looks nice.

I am still out there most days... got busted sitting down on the stand Tues morning after an early morning stretch by an unseen deer, oh well. I hope it wasn't "him". I have been after two absolute monster deer when the wind is right - I'll be after one of them tomorrow am if the forecast holds...

-fsh
Old 10-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys how is everyone doing? I havent been able to post much, I have been working/hunting hard. Haven't came across any monsters yet but just put a stand up in a new property and there are deer EVERYWHERE so we will see how it works out.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

I went 1 time and seen 2 does and a fawn. Not a good excuse but it is hot. I got up Sat. morning and went for a ride and seen a good 8-10 pointer cross the road. Looked in the 130"-140" range depends on if he is an 8 or 10. I also got this pic of a weird deer is it a buck or doe? Good luck everyone. Waldo

Old 10-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Went out this morning and dropped my first doe of the year at 8am. She ran about 50 yards. It felt good to let that arrow fly!

Quick Reply: 24-Official Team 24/7 Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.