2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Mike,

I only saw deer on my drive in. Again, in my area #1 spot thatI haven't hunted yet. However, that's where I'll be this week and weekend.I think that the full moon had the deer feeding in there during the night and I'm going to try out what the experts say. Leave the food masts alone until the rut if you do not see the deer there now. There are tracks all over the place in there though. I'm also going to try the swamp that is about 400 yds away from where I'm hunting now.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like a smart plan. They may not be all over the acorns yet if there is still good food in the fields. Another couple of weeks that will change. Good move to get out of there I think so you don't scare them off for later. Season is still young andat least you were able to enjoy the outdoors and knowing they are not there yet is valuable planning info.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is the first year in a while where I'm going to try and follow the rules. Especially with a lot of land to hunt. It makes no sense to sit in there day after day hoping they show up when I'm there. i mind as well move and try to intercept them. I figure they are feeding at night and then heading into the swamp for the day. Therefore, I plan on intercepting them. The only negative part is I'm moving in the opposite direction of the buck i saw. But I figure there has to be other bucks in the area and with the warm weather they have to be around the water.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

I think you have a higher chance of intercepting one when you have a lot of land to use than pinpointing a buck. If you can find a place that squeezes their travel into bow range between the bedding and feeding areas than I think that is a great place to start.

I just found out my day at my friends lease may be on the 20th instead of the 13th. I'm kind of glad in a way because the 3rd weekend in Oct is usually when the pre-rut starts to kick-in here and the bucks start to be more receptive to calling and rattling. Also that is usually when the weather starts to turn cool. Also the leaves will be at their peak and it will be perfect. I called my first buck with a bow in on Oct 22nd in 2005 so the 20th should be a good time to be out there. I have to wait one more week but it may make the difference with the bucks.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys.. This is all I have so far, as far as bucks go.. Hopefully I'll see some bigger ones soon..

Old 09-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Typical Buck

He's a big bodied buck. Do you think he's 3.5 years old?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

What's up with the cookies?

That's definately a 2.5 year old.

Where I hunt it's a muddy swampy little parcel along a creek. It's mostly medium ash trees with a layer of smaller trees and bushes. As it turns out, my stand is in a beding area. These does that I always see wander around along the creek in the woods during the day, eating and laying down. I've picked out a new spot in a little area of hardwoods where I can see both ponds and where they cross. I wish I knew more about the adjacent properties though.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

That buck has a nice body and I'd take him. A buck is a buck and a trophy no matter what hte size.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

I would to with a bow.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing to report guy's.I hung a stand on Sunday in a promising spot.The property owner where I park to access this piece (An older French woman) says there is a deer in there with a lot of horns. It was funny to hear with her accent.Good to hear but funny!
I will be hitting the woods hard the next two weekends,hanging a couple of more stands and looking for buck sign.I hope the weather turns colder soon!

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.