Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Brad,

Too bad he wouldn't cooperate. Hopefully, you will see him again real soon.

I got the stand together and it looks pretty good. The only thing I will have to see is how noisy the mesg is until it's "worn in". I stood on it in the livingroom and it made some creaks and pops the first time. However, the second time I stood on it it was quiet.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Typical Buck

Brad did you call or rattle or did he just come by? Were you close to an oak tree or what was your setup?
Old 10-10-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in oaks, and also bait with corn.. He just showed up, two fawns were eating corn , but he just sensed something wasnt right, he was standing right down wind of me.. But didnt spook..Scent lok? Who knowss...
Old 10-10-2007, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

Well definately a productive hunt because now you know he is there. Good luck man.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

well I took a Half day off of work to hang another stand up there. I have a BIG white pine i'm hanging one in.. Maybe 70yrds or so from where I saw him last night. I think I might beable to cut him off on his travels.. Its a Rainy, windy day, just like I like to hang stands.. Keeps scent and noise down... So... I'm off.. Let you know how it went later on.. I'm all pumped up now.. I Like the weather..
Old 10-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Brad! There is nothing like laying your eyes on a nice one while your on stand! 15 yards away with no shot opportunity must of had you going crazy! I am sure you will be super cautious in that location. I hope you get him!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well got a Phone call from the LANDOWNER.. His NEPHEW wants to hunt there now too.. MAN!! I told him I have three stands, and my dad also hunts up there, but its His decision on what he tells his nephew.. He's always said NO to everyone else, but now its family.. Thats gonna throw a wrench into things if his Nephew comes up there.. DAMN IT!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks but is always the downside of hunting property owned by someone else. Are you leasing the land from him or he just lets you hunt there?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

He just lets me hunt there.. So... you know what that means... I can still hunt there, but its gonna just screw me up with another guys running around, or should I say KID..
Old 10-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

Maybe he'll be loud and scare one to you. You never know. Just make sure your in the stand before he is. Sorry Brad I know how that feels, I lost about 100 acres I really liked 2 years ago. I could do what I want and take family or friends.The morning I lost the land and had to go to another spot is the morning I shot my first buck with a bow.You never know how these things will turn out.Hang in there and it will pay off.

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.