Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Brad,
I hope your test went well.

Jarrod,
Sorry you lost your game. I'm glad football season is finally here.

I went scouting today and found a white oak stand with track everywhere and a few back-up spots if there is a guy in the oaks. 1 more week to go!!! It better cool off. 90 degrees here today.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I'm pretty confident I passed.. Will know in two weeks..

COLD here this week.. Low's 30, Highs 48 for Thursday..
Old 09-10-2007, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

No trail cam pics from the one spot. i will be moving it this week to a different area. sounds like its going to be a rainy cold week here too brad, great time to hang stands andsetcamera's.

I have to go do a little scouting one of these evenings this weekto see how the acorns are in one of myspots here toodave, if there's no nuts it dosent really pay to hunt it, and with the drought were in i dont see the acorn crop being too good here this year. Apples are everywhere but are falling already from all the high winds and dry summer we had.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saturday's weather is mid 70's with a few showers. I guess I'll get to try out my new rain wear.

The oaks are producing where I plan on hunting and the wind looks good too. NowI have to decide if I want to hunt where I know other guys will be or get away from them into another area about a half a mile away that is probably outside of the bedding area and probably no other people.

This is the first year using topo to find spots and so far it looks like a great way to plan scouting. We'll find out Saturday.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: finner

No trail cam pics from the one spot. i will be moving it this week to a different area. sounds like its going to be a rainy cold week here too brad, great time to hang stands andsetcamera's.

I have to go do a little scouting one of these evenings this weekto see how the acorns are in one of myspots here toodave, if there's no nuts it dosent really pay to hunt it, and with the drought were in i dont see the acorn crop being too good here this year. Apples are everywhere but are falling already from all the high winds and dry summer we had.

YOU KNOW IT.. Thats my plan this week.. Check my stands, move or hang one if need be and set my cameras out..

Crunch time is nearing..!!
Old 09-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

No bucks on the trail cams yet.Doe's,fawns,a sow and two cubs.Placed two tree stands yesterday.Good runways,lot's of old rubs.We will see what happens.
Practiced yesterday,shooting good but I would like to shoot better,really can't complain as I was shooting at 40 yards and because of my vision the pin is a little fuzzy but the target is clear.Gone are the day's when both the pin and the target are crystal clear.While I was shooting I had an arrow go to the right about 4 inches and high about six inches,I went and immediately pulled the arrow and shot it again,I hit the same spot right and high.I examined the arrow and the field point wasn't flush to the insert.Hard to believe that could have effected the flight like that but it did.
Nothing else to report,I hope everyone had a nice weekend!
Old 09-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a great weekend. Thanks Scot. i hope you did too.

I've been practicing weird body angle shots, sitting and holding shots. for the holding my buddy or I counted to 30 seconds and then shot. we then went to 45 seconds and then shot. It's amazing how long 45 seconds is and that at times in the woods when I thought i was holding for a minute it probably was 20 seconds!!!

Did any of you guys watch the Fox pregame show? i guess Owens is comparing dog fighting to hunting. and Curt Menefee says, "Well, personally I don't understand sitting out in the woods and shooting Bambi but..."

It's getting a old listening to TV people make back handed comments about hunting when they probably go wolf down a steak or double cheeseburger after their show is over and think nothing about how that animal is processed.

Personally,I hope Bambi does show up. He had a heck of a rack when he was full grown!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

Dave, sounds like that may be a good spot. Brad, glad to hear you have a good feeling about the test. We have had pretty mild weather, it was really hot in August but it's been cooling down with the rain we've had. I had a fun time with my 7 year old yesterday as she shot a 9 lb bow at my 3-D target. She had so much fun she asked if we could practice every weekend. She kept asking if she made a good shot to kill the deer because shedidn't want to just injure it. Once I showed her the boiler room shetried hard to hit it everytime.She now wants to go on a hunt with me.

Looks like our team should have some bucks showing up on their trail cams soon. Please post when you get them.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

... this thread sure died.
Anyway Im sort of dissappointed with the shop. When I got my cables, they kind of timed the cams, but the timing marks are a little off and the wall is mushy (it should be solid). But it is close enough for all the time I have to fix it. Also the peep is a tiny degree off, but im not worrying because I don't even notice it and Dave says I can train it. At least it isn't moving

It kind of sucks because I have find time to retune everything and I hadn't been shooting as much as I wanted to. I still have to make sure everthing is pretty close and get my sights dialed in perfectly, as well as shoot broadheads. I don't plan on taking any shots over 30 yards, and deer vitals aren't the smallest target, so Im not concerned.

BTW I havn't done it yet because those mosquitoes are so darn bad everywhere. Hopefully this cooler weather will calm them down. But this rain won't help. They're so bad here it's unreal. i've never seen them so bad.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

mike,

That's pretty awesome about your daughter and her passion for archery and future hunting. That would be great if she continues that way when she's old enough and strong enough to shoot a high enough poundage.

Jarrod,
I think everyone is side tracked by the season and such. I'd really like some of the other guys on our team to at least stop in once in a while. We have guys that checked in and said, "Hello" and that was it. Oh well.

4 days left!!!!>>>------->

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.