Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Just to get to know you guys a little better...how many deer have each of you taken total and with a bow? I didn't start hunting until I was 26 and started with a gun. I first used a bow in 2005 and shot a 6pt my 2nd time out on Oct 22nd. I'll never forget it. I shot it while sitting in a fold out chair.

4-gun
1-bow so far...

3 bucks, 2 does
Old 09-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, been a long time since my last post, been real busy with work lately. sure is starting to look and feellike fall aroundhere(expect for the last 2 days)leaves are starting to turn anda few geese are comming down from canada.A bigcold front just came thru here today, and temps are supposed to be in the 60's all next week ya gotta love it.

Well im going to gocheck my trail cam tommorrow, i had it out a week now, hopefully i got some pics to share with you guys. grouse season startson the 15th here so ill bechasing some of those around in anthor week,they sure are tasty.

fun2hunt...I lost count on the total number of deer shot. buti do know ishot 12 with the bow3 does and the rest bucks, and the biggest was a 9 point a shot afew years ago that scoredin the mid 120's. therearealot bigger onesand hopefully this yearone will walk byme and give me a shot. ifa smaller one comes in i willshoot it, im not holding out for no P&Y, i would be realhappy with a 90 to 100inch buck.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mike,

I've shot a lot of does and 3 bucks with a rifle and a few does with my bow. I've choked on about4 nice bucks in archery and had many more smaller ones pass by thatI let go. One that would have scored in the 170's or better whenI was 18.Forgot how to use my release!!! Not very captain like.

Mark,

Glad you could stop in. Hunting season is fast approaching and it's in the 80's here. I would love to have the 60's. If this keeps up next Saturday is going to be a snoozing day in the tree. However, I'm really excited and expect to be too pumped up to doze off.

Post some pictures from your trail cam if you get a chance.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

Mark glad to hear from you. That weather sounds awesome. I'm so glad we have several veterans on our team with several deer under their belt. I look forward to seeing those pics.

Dave, I can't imagine being 18 and a 180 walking by me. No sure if I would even rememer to draw. That must have been an experience to remember.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Winn release that you had to push forward on the string to lock or with a D loop you had to snap it down with your finger.

The buck just materialized 15 yds away broadside and feeding. I put my release on the string and raised to draw and "tink" my release lets off the loop as I draw. The buck raises his head at the sound and then goes back to feeding.

I put the release on again and "tink". Buck raises his head. By now I'm going insane trying to figure out what's going on watching this huge buck just stand there.

One more time I put the release on and "tink" He runs off. I just sit there shaking like a leaf looking at my release trying to figure out what was wrong with it. Then, after about 5 minutes of just sitting there in disbelief it dawned on me what I did wrong.

Here's the sad part. When the buck ran away he ran right over to another guy and he shot it. I heard the guy setting up his tree stand earlier in the morning and it was like a guy banging a garbage can lid off a stick. There was no way that buck was going his way if not for me scaring it. My dad found out the next day the guy shot it. My dad comes home from work and says, "How big was that buck that you saw" I said, "About 20" wide I think. I tried not to focus on the rack." My dad says, "Another guy got him when you scared him. He was 24" wide, 10 pt."

I just shook my head when he told me that.

Snuck up on another buck almost that big the same summer and some morons in a Jeep started honking their horn on a dirt road above me when they saw the buck and me sneaking up to it. I was 60 yds away and closing the distance with it never knowing I was there. He was too busy with his head in the corn field eating and every time he'd stop and raise his head I'd stop my pursuit. Crossed about 300 yds along the corn field before the Jeep and wanted to fling an arrow at the idiots in the Jeep.

The next year the corn and soybean fieldswere sold and developed for housing.[:@]
Old 09-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

Man Dave, I felt like I was there while I was reading it. All I can say is, this is your year to make it all come together!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Guys, I'm back from Escanaba in Da Moonlight.. I'm pretty Confindent I passed my Test.. So thats all good.. Next week, Only Highs of 52, 53 with low around 37 for Wed and Thurs.. I'll be hanging stands and putting my cameras out those days.. It is also supposed to rain both days.. I like doing my woods work in the rain... LESS SCENT... TTYL
Old 09-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Fork Horn

Wow school sucks.

I just got back from loosing to the defending D-1 champions. It was fun.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

It isn't actually school... It was a Certification Test for Assessing Position. I work two jobs, needed to get certified for the Assessing one. My other position is operating a Waste water Treatment plant..
Old 09-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Brad,I hope that you did well on your test.I feel your pain Dave,I have had a couple of gimme situations unravel on big bucks and they haunt me to this day.
I have been thinking about the number of deer I have killed with archery equipment I had to count back through the number of seasons I have archery hunted.I have hunted for 11 archery seasons and have killed 9 deer and a bear.The mix of bucks to doe's is 6 bucks and three doe's.Bucks killed were an eight,a three,a seven,an eight,a nine and an eight pointer.
I don't think I can recollect all the deer I have killed with a rifle.I have been hunting quite a long time.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.I pulled a trail camerathis morning,no bucks,doe's and a sow and two cubs.Hopefully I will start to pick up a decent buck or two soon.

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.