Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Scot,

That would get the heart pumping having a bear sniffing your tree. I've read about guys having to shoot bears while hunting deer due to incidents like yours.

mike,

My first outing will be around Oct 5. They've added youth rifle hunt and a muzzleloader season during archery and really screwed the season up. so, I'm going back out at the end of October or early November.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

That's how my brother in law got his bear with a bow in 2005. He was deer hunting and the bear came right up to his stand at dusk. The bear ended up being his first animal with a bow.

Dave, sounds good. I'm just getting a little antsy these last couple of weeks. Can't wait to start seeing our team bucks!
Old 09-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Guys, I'm off To Escanaba tomorrow afternoon and Friday morning I'll be taking my Level I Assessing Test.. WISH ME LUCK.. I'm nervous.. I hope I pass it.. I know quite a bit of stuff, but there's some stuff I know I just dont know yet.. I need 70% on a 50 question multiple choice test.. Shouldn't be that hard..

Hopefully after this is over I'll be able to concentrate more on hunting..
Old 09-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck! Wasn't Escanaba in that Jeff Daniels movie? I tried to watch it one time but I couldn't get through it.I would imagine it is a cult classic in th UP?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

I pray you remember everything you've studied. Let us know how it goes.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

The season starts Sept 15 here andI guess that's the earliest for our team? I've been talking to a guyI shoot with and he's been telling me the good places to go in the area I will be hunting.

I've also just completed printing out topo for the area and can see some real promising spots. lots of bottlenecks and points and plateaus. And i know there are oak tree, rivers and swamp. It's all a matter of pulling it all together.

Saturday I'm going to go there with my gps and find some of the spots that I'm seeing.

For the guys that like to use topo or are thinking about it you can download free topo from the www.USGS.gov and there is an add-on program for acrobat that allows you to modify the maps that you download. You can find coordinates on the pdf and plug into your gps.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the map info Dave. Looks like you will have some good hunting options. It looks like my first day in the woods will be Oct 13th.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike,

You're welcome. Lots of option but I need to find the deer. The weather should be good bow weather by October 13. Good Luck.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks Dave you too. Just find where all the places come together and their will be deer crossing.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

Dave it looks like you will be the first one on our team hunting. Just an idea but maybe we could put our names and the first date we will be out so we cheer each other on, look forward to it as a team, and find out the details of the hunt afterwards, what we saw etc...

Sound good?

Dave - Sep 15th
Mike - Oct 13th

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.