Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread >

38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: He got him!

Its been crazy hot here. 94 degrees yesterday and 96 today. I dont think I am going to be hunting much until it gets cooler. I will be out there October 1st though, cant wait to put out some mock scrapes and try to get those big boys to come in.

Bad news is EHD is showing up here and deer have been dropping like flies. I hope the first frost comes quick to kill them stupid biting midges. They had a story about it on the news and it had pictures and video of deer with the sickness and they looked horrible. They were foaming out the mouth and their eyes were bloody. Their faces were all swollen and it just looked horrible.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 38 - Official TEAM 38 Thread (Rack Em Up)

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

Team Elkslayer came up with some shirts, hats, etc. Look great.
http://www.cafepress.com/elkslayer/3498184

I am going to get a long sleeve and a hat

I know this is from WAY back, but has anyone got their shirts yet?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:17 AM
Bartender

Default RE: 38 - Official TEAM 38 Thread (Rack Em Up)

I have not ordered yet and not sure if I will.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Bartender

Team need your help?

Oct 26th is the 2nd full moon of the fall equinox. Can you let me know the number of buck sightings for the week leading up to that? So basically from Oct 19th to the 26th. Thanks
Old 09-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

My cousin has been keeping a log of the deer we have seen while hunting for the past 3 years. He writes down info for that day like temperature, wind, location, moon phase, ect... We have often looked back at the log for sightings on such weeks like before a full moon. It seems like the full moon dont effect buck too much. I always thought deer movement was better during the days of a new moon. There is an article in Deer and Deer Hunting Magazine a couple of months back. Pretty interesting. Im looking forward to seeing the results from our team on this.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Bartender

Went out this afternoon and right around 6:15 cst a doe came up to the creek for a drink but I couldnt do a thing. Only shots I have are out over a corn field and right under me. Then about 10 minutes later 2 more doe's passed through again on the otherside of the creek. This is only 2nd time I have hunted this stand and learned a lot tonight. If I can find a tree on that otherside of the creek I am there. Really seems to be a funnel from some bedding to my east to a green field to the west. Chat ya soon.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:23 AM
Fork Horn

Shot an antelope buck today, not proud of it but I made the longest shot I've ever made on an animal. I ranged him after a 400 yd stock as I hid behind a round bale, moved my pin and took him out. I decoyed one in for a younger guy the other day and he also nailed him, it's been a fun goat season!

Here's where I shot him, I was behind the bales on the left side of the grass in the middle of the field. My buddy is standing beside my antelope to the left and out a bit.
I hit him where his neck meets his spine and he dropped in his tracks.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:10 AM
Bartender

Chad congrats on the pronghorns, lets see a close up? Any animal is a great kill with a bow.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the antelope. Do you have any pictures of it?
Old 09-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

He's also by far the smallest one I've ever shot, but those alfalfa/grain eating young ones are great eating!

Quick Reply: 38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.