Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread >

38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 01:02 AM
Bartender

Default RE: He got him!

Any updates team mates?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:16 AM
Fork Horn

I'm home finally. It took a week but worth every minute. My cousin went out and got started on a nice food plot yesterday on his 13 acres that produces deer every year. He said he saw 3 does running throught the woods. Good sign. I am helping him finish it today. Gonna be great to just get back in the woods.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:17 AM
Fork Horn

whats wrong with the fast reply?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:27 AM
Bartender

They did a website update and been messed up since.
Great big welcome back pal!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome home mike!!! When does your season start?
Old 09-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i guess i have an update but not a great one.... i took a dumb shot on a doe... jus got anxious i guess... a big one an its fawn(well grown to mae it on her own) came in about 8 am the night before i had to cut a lil tree down so i could climb the only climbable tree. well these to deer came in an surprised me an i couldnt get stood up. well the big one wlk out of sight an the lil one wont leave the tree i cut down eatin the leaves off it... well the big starts back an i get stood up but shes lookin at me every now an again.. she knows somethings up.. she walks behind a tree an i draw.. well she sticks her head an neck out the other side an looks at me.. knows somethings wrong something has changed she does the whole head bobbin deal an stompin the foot. i can still only see her head an neck... so shes 8 yards away.... an i took a neck shot.. i mean drilled er. an she took off... i couldnt believe it. we tracked for 3 hours an jumped her towards the end an she basically quit bleeding.. i got 3 or 4 piles of blood that looked like you butchered a hog butcouldnt get on her... made me sick for 2 reasons DUMB on my part to take the shot. if i got busted then so be it the morning was young.. then the feeling of knowin damn well shes dead now.. i couldnt believe how far she went an was still goin..... ill never take another neck shot... live an learn i guess, buti still hate it!
Old 09-20-2007, 03:53 AM
Bartender

Sorry to hear about that pal. Just like my motto says live and learn.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

That really sucks...I figured a neck shot would take a deer down pretty quick, but guess not. Guess it must have just hit muscle or something...who knows. I figured it would have at least hit that main artery.....deer are so weird. A friend of mine shot one in the lungs and it ran forabout1 milewith huge puddles of blood the whole way. Then the trail just stopped...but no deer anywhere. Not even a pin drop of blood. I guess its just something that happens to everyone.

Keep your chin up...its fine!!!Better luck next time.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:48 AM
Fork Horn

My season starts Oct 13. We got our food plot planted. We used an ATV disk plow and let me tell you, that thing worked great. We planted probably 1/2 acre plot and it didnt take any time what so ever. It is in a perfect place too. 3 more weeks and i'll be in my stand. Breaking the bow out tomorrow. Hope it shoots ok. By the way, sorry to hear about the doe, Dave. Like they said before, you live and you learn. It sucks but it happens
Old 09-24-2007, 06:16 AM
Bartender

Hello Team,
Went out yesterday and zilch but still enjoyed every bit of it. Bought that thermacell and holy **** did that device work on the skeeters. If you get one make sure you do fire it up 10 minutes early before you head out.
I did have a racoon scare the Tony out of me fighting with another one and screamed. I will be heading out this evening and will come back tomorrow with a update. I dont hunt mornings during the early season. GL ALL!

Quick Reply: 38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.