Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 43- Official Team Chaos Thread >

43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Honest to God the neighbor shot at 1 buck 16 + times last year[&:] and still did not recover it
Old 10-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know, I know guys.. I dont here 100's of shots like some of you do back east.. Honestly I wouldnt or couldnt take it there, I would move.... but 50 in day ( I should say in a sit 4-5 hours)is enough for me..thats about the most I ever heard.

16 x at one deer...how in the heck can a guy shoot 16 times..you'd have to be using an SKS.. lol

I havent really been talking much about my hunts lately because I am sorta of sick I guess of reporting on what I didnt kill.. but I will say this guys.. I have had some very exciting up close encounters with bulls, cows and whitetails as of last thursday... I think the whole TRESSPASSING issue is in the end gonna be much for the better. Finally bucks started moving in there again.. it was nice to see even though they were the young ones.. I think Rob and I saw at least 11 different bucks..in that one day...that was nice..of course I am talking with Binocs too...

I think tonight could be a good one.. we have a storm moving in tomorrow..the movement should be decent. I havent hunted for ole Stretch in a good two weeks.. I am gonna head in there tonight..man would I love to put the checkmateto him..

Oh....I found another really nice mid 140 class, wide racked 4x5 that looks really hvy.. I am gonna spend some time in there too. Hes using a ridge I have an old stand on that I havent even hunted yet this season..

Oh one last thing, I have found 4 more sheds too.. since Sept 1 .. up to 97 or 98now for the year..
Old 10-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

16 x at one deer...how in the heck can a guy shoot 16 times..you'd have to be using an SKS.. lol
Let me break it down for you, LOL

Kid shoots 4 times, one hits it in the guts.
Deer heads across the river to bed down in our CRP.
They come over, My dad, Uncle and me go to help. 5 guys 4 with guns, one to make smart arse comments(me)
We now have 4 shots at this deer. We track the deer to CRP, it gets up and hauls arse acorss the field to big woods.

Uncle shootsonce5
Neighbor Kid shootstwice 6 &7
Neighbor shoot 3 times 8 & 9 & 10

1 smart arse comment by me "I guess I should have brought by bow, because all you chumps missed"

Now 4 guys with weapons want to press on, 1 guy without says let the deer lay. He is in the big woods lets not push him. They choose to push on.

Second smart arse comment "I hope this deer is a good swimmer"

We get to the woods and the weapons guys fan out, I laugh to my self.
As I thought we get near the bank deer jumps in, now this is where it gets fun. All 4 guys shoot as the deer is running up the bank.

Dad twice 11 & 12
Uncle once 13
neighbor once 14
kid twice 15 & 16

All miss, I laugh out loud this time and point out to them the just shot the living hell out Mr. Smiths bank and none of you have permission to hunt. I also tell them next time I will just shoot the damn deer with my bow, since you clowns can not get it done

Deer found dead in Mr Smith corn field 3 days later
Old 10-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Here's what I'm gonna do......

I'm going into my good morning spot.....ONE more time....with the intention of taking a doe. I'm done taking them in my honey hole. It's just too much of an intrusion. If I don't get to the magic number hunting my fringes from here on out.....I just don't get there.

I'm ready to hunt like I WANT to a little. "Pass" on a doe.....what a novel idea. I won't take another one from my good spots. I think it's all gonna work out, in the end.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Here's what I'm gonna do......

I'm going into my good morning spot.....ONE more time....with the intention of taking a doe. I'm done taking them in my honey hole. It's just too much of an intrusion. If I don't get to the magic number hunting my fringes from here on out.....I just don't get there.

I'm ready to hunt like I WANT to a little. "Pass" on a doe.....what a novel idea. I won't take another one from my good spots. I think it's all gonna work out, in the end.
Shoot your captain a big old NC buck, and that is an order
Old 10-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Troy,
You clean out those PM's yet?

Germ,
I bet between your MI stories & my PA stories we got some doozies.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just might hunt my backyard foodplot stand tomorrow night. I took these from my bedroom window tonight.The deer are starting to chow down on it. My stand is is in the tree in the middle of the picture, where it Y's at the top.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LebeauHunter

John and Gary,

Sounds like the action is heating up in your parts. If our team weren't a bunch of die-hard, picky
bowhunters, we would be on the board (espeically HuntmUp with 150"). Trust me, I'm not urging or
expecting you guys to take smaller deer, just that having a bunch of trophy hunters might be giving
us a slow start.

Troy, I'm glad you got some resolution. Probably not as much as you were hoping for the bastards,
but if it resolves the problem then that is probably good enough.

I'm going tomorrow night (raining with cold (relative here) front today), and am hitting it hard this weekend.
We just need somebody to break the ice. Then I predict the bucks will start dropping. I still thinkhuntinlady might be the first one to down a buck for TEAM CHAOS. That would be fine with me.

Sounds like this could be the week, Troy. Hope you can put your tag on one.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey ladies first

Guys I have a feeling, no wait I have to pee[8D]
Old 10-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Germ, if it weren't sad it would be funny. I've known a few "shoot them till they stop moving" shotgun
hunters. [&:] You hear 6 shots and your like what the hell, and out they come with one destroyed doe.

Where I hunt it is normal to have 25-40 shots within a couple miles on a big gun day. But one thing
I really don't like is we are 2-3 miles from some apparently very good duck hunting and on some days
at daybreak and sunset it sounds like a battle.

Troy, I personally like the play by play. You want boring - go read my play by play. [&:] I don't have
(1) the experience you do, (2) am not hunting trophy caliber deer, and (3) don't have any
experience with your terrain and style of hunting.

Kenny, your hunting season sounds about like mine so far. Better weather and more deer are on the way.

GMMAT, I think you've fulfilled your oath to the does. I believe they would be willing to accept your
offer of a temporary truce. [8D]

John, cool setup. Perfect cover in that tree too.
Do you water your foodplot with sprinklers and Miracle-Gro, and walk around with spiked shoes?

Quick Reply: 43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.