Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 43- Official Team Chaos Thread >

43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Germ,

Where did you shoot her? Lung with no pass through?
Old 10-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well LB it was kind off bizarre, all I can tell you is I spent my lunch hour sharping my Montecs.

Iaimed her above the 10ring on a 3d target at 11:00 if the deer is facing left. I mouth bleated at her(I never do, and will never do again), I caught the the shoulder blade and a BH blades snapped in half as it hitit, This sent the arrow staight down, look at her bottom that is the exit hole. My arrow snapped in half also.

It was weird[&:] She did go down like a quick. Do you guys want to see the BH?
Old 10-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sure, let's see the bh - thought Montecs were near indestructible. BTW, thought you were shooting Strikers.

So you hit just a little high and in with a glancing shot off the scapula? That's typically where I aim for
rifle and it drops em in their tracks.

After all this practice and prep and reading about you guys, I'm getting real antsy for some action.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

It was the Striker that broke, why I am sharping Montecs
Old 10-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a striker break too, on my target! .. bout like the wac ems I was shooting last year.. someday I will learn..

Get a buck guys..I cant hunt till OCT 10...all closed down here.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Nice doe Gary... congrats...
Old 10-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Troy, Why do they close your season? Is it gun season now or what?

I am gonna try and get out after work tomorrow. It is supposed to storm here tonight and cool off tomorrow. I would have liked to have been out tonight but didn't have the time.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ok here it is, I do not want any bashing. I called G5 today I am send them the head.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gary,

Not gonna bash the head I'm using. [&:] Not changing now! The blades are 0.03", which is
supposed to be pretty thick. Let us know what G5 says. Sounds like at least they have
good customer service and marketing department.

John,

I couldn't see your trail cam pics earlier, that's a nice one - is that last pic his antler?

Troy,

Why end on 10/10?

Updated game plan for Sat. morning, going to be some squirrel hunters (opening day) coming
from the perimeter of woods on back and side. They won't start till sunup when I'm already
in the tree. I'm going to set up on a trail crossing a ditch way in the back (hopefully an
escape route). (This is about 200 yards from a prime spot I'm saving and talked about in
that earlier post). I don't like the squirrel hunting, but I think I can use it to my advantage.
I think this actually gives me a higher than normal chance of a nice buck sighting. Biggest buck
ever seen on my property was kicked up by a stray dog.
Sat. afternoon will hunt away from squirrel hunting across a canal from a known bedding area.
Sun. shouldn't be any squirrel hunting, so that won't be a factor. Sound like a plan?
Trying to make lemonade here guys - was bummed to hear about squirrel hunting. Would rather
hunt a non-pressured, unwary deer.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

After talking to John on the phone I have decided to save my second doe tag for the late season. Now until Nov 15th I am buck hunting only

Good point John

Quick Reply: 43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.