Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 43- Official Team Chaos Thread >

43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: 43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Im hunting the whole weekend and Monday as well. Im gonna bust my a** to get one on the ground...
Old 10-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

No luck yet. The temps are way too high. Ive seen deer today but no shots on any...
Old 10-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well just got in

New buck tonight a little 4 point. I call him Little Jeff
Old 10-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am headed to IL in the morning. Gonna hunt the morning for sure, and check my camera and see if any acorns are falling.
Not sure if I will hunt the evening, supposed to be 92* tomorrow. WAAAAAAY TOOOOO HOTTTTTTT![:@]But it has been a couple of weeks since I have been there and all of the corn is out now, so things have changed a lot. Gonna see what it all looks like.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Did not see a thing, LOL

I did have enough SPF 45 on I did not get sunburned
Old 10-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Did not see a thing, LOL
Had the same experience this morning in IL. Not a single deer sighted. But I did see 7 on the drive there alongside the roads. They were moving, just not after the sun came up. I talked to my Taxi buddy that lives down the road from where I hunt. He has been hunting the Pike, Calhoun County border line this week and has seen no deer on 3 sits. That is unheard of for that area. IT IS LOADED WITH DEER!! they just are not moving during the day in this heat.[:@]

Cold front coming this Tuesday night. I sure hope that helps things out, and gets rid of this heat for good.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,

Had a pretty good weekend hunting. Hunted yesterday and this morning. It was so hot and
we were worried about messing up our new stands so we decided against hunting this p.m.

First morning kicked up a few deer on the way to my stand, had a few moving under me right
before daybreak, then as soon as first light = absolute silence. Guy hunting with me about
300 yards away had a nice doe under him early in the morning.

Yesterday afternoon I was a little frustrated. As you guys know I don't have a deer with my bow.
I missed last year (my first year trying), one other deer was out of range, and I switched to gun for
most of last season. Well, we are the only zone out of 8 where you couldn't take a doe for first 2
weeks of October. I had an absolute chip shot (7 yards broadside) on a nice doe, and not only that
I saw her well before she saw me and she walked perfectly broadside into 2 of my shooting lanes after
being behind thick cover. It doesn't get any easier than that. [:@] She was downwind (that wasn't
the direction I was hunting especially since it was bucks only), and she smelled something was
wrong, had her nose in the air, and even walked down my trail to about 7 yards from me. I won
the close quarters staring contest (for once) thanks to being seated, having some low cover,
and my ASAT 3D on. After about ten minutes of her curiosity and browsing I got bailed out by a
crash from a squirrel about 50 yards away. It was a cool intense experience having a mature deer
milling around that close (saw 3 fawns as well but farther away). Usually it's always doe season
and I either don't let a mature doe hang around (unless it's the rut), get busted by an old wary
doe, or they are just moving quickly by. It was a confidence booster, especially after being blown on Monday.

Also was pumped about the new cams, got 4 different 7-8 points on camera (a pair on 2 different cams),
the pics were from the last 2-3 weeks, one group was still a bachelor pair and had some velvet!
Finally, other than night pics 95% of the buck picks were taken between 12:00 and 2:30 p.m. -
go figure = think they have hunters figured out? If I can get the pics emailed to me will post.

That and LSU made my weekend. What a game. Hey Troy, even ND made something happen.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well I am watching football, LOL

To damn hot, Just call me Dave Mill[8D]
Old 10-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Dominant Buck

I have seen 3 different bucks in 20 sits, so far.....and had all of them in bow range at one time or another. Just not interested. I don't see the point. I have 2 buck tags for my woods.....and 1 for PA. I'll be in PA on the 25th, 27th and 28th (@ Rob/PA's place), hunting. Rob told me to shoot anything I want.....but I won't shoot a juvenille deer, anywhere. If I think it's 2.5....and it's a big bodied deer.....I might pull the trigger (and I understand 2.5 is still juvenille in many people's eyes). There "might" be three 2.5yr olds in my woods (that I know about) that I might be interested in. Otherwise.....I'll eat my tags. I'm committed to NOT shooting a buck for the sake of saying "I got my buck".

Lot of season left, though.....and I'm having a good time.

Good uck to all.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

It was a long hot set tonight. No deer at all only squirrels...

Quick Reply: 43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.