Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 39-Official Team 39  "Buck Naked "Thread >

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 39-Official Team 39 Thread

Reporting for duty. I'm the alt to replace beernbones who I guess is mia.

Hunting Northern Virginia...unfortunatly public land. But I did see a nice 120+ last year that I couldn't get a shot at and I'm sure that he made it thru the season.

I shot a small buck last year on the opener (in the rain and gloom, thought it was bigger than it turned out to be)....but at least I wasn't skunked and got my team some points.

Mitch
Old 08-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to Buck Naked team mitch. I'll just throw this out there, but we don't all (or any of us for that matter) have to kill P&Y class deer to do well in the contest.8 deer in the 80-100 inch range will give us a good chance at winning. Bottom line, shoot what makes you happy and let the contest chips fall where they fall. Good luck to everyone. Oh BTW, anyone have any deer pics with them in it? I'd like to match some faces with names.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to Team Buck Naked Mitch!! As buttonbuckmaster said, simply shoot what makes you happy....because the rest of us will. As long as your proud of it, and it goes to good use...it is all good in my eyes.

Good idea buttonbuckmaster. I would also like to see some pictures of everyone to put a face with the name. I'm usually one huntingnet at work and I don't have a lot of pictures of work (atleast not a lot of deer pictures). Here is one my my 3-bearded Tom from 2 years ago, and one of my first Iowa buck (from last year) (not sure if anyone remembers reading (or cares for that matter ) but I moved last year from Wisconsin to Iowa)

Also, not sure if anyone read my post or not earlier about some sheds I found turkey hunting...but I was looking through the pictures I have at work and I noticed the were sitting on top of my gun cabinet in a picture....so I though 'what the heck' I'll put a picture of that up to. I found all three sheds on top of the gun cabinet with in a 30 yard diameter. The two on the left area matching set. It is hard to tell from the picture, but they have good mass, good height, are very even, 10 pointer with around an 18" spread. Should be pretty nice this year. I havea good feeling there are a couple of those boys running around. But anyways, here the pic.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's me with my odd ball buck from 2006.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Anyone have any specific deer they have been watching this year that they are planning to hunt.
I have been hunting a nice 8 ptr. should besomewhere in the 120-130 range this year. Passed him up several times 2 years ago. Good size but no mass. Last year I actually hunted him and could never get within bow range. I really wanted to kill him with the bow so even when muzzleloader season was in i still went after him with the bow. I could have killed him twice last year if i had had the smokepole. Hopefully he'll slip up at somepoint during this season.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Me with my swan taken in North Dakota last year.

Me with a King taken off the pier.

Deer from last year.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome Mitch.
Where at in Northern Va do you hunt?

Nice pictures everyone!!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SIDEWAYS

Welcome Mitch.
Where at in Northern Va do you hunt?
I mostly hunt C.F. PHELPS WMA. 4500 acres so I hunt deeper than most everyone else and get into lots of deer.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

Got a little scouting in yesterday, lot of older sign of smaller deer.
I still cannot wait until the 15th. [8D]
Old 08-26-2007, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I checked my trail cameras today, one had a malfunction and took 416 pictures in about 6 hours.....all of nothing. Not sure what the deal was there.[>:]I did buy a new lock on stand for bow season. I'm going to do some more scouting next week and hopefully get it hung by next weekend.

Quick Reply: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.