Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 39-Official Team 39  "Buck Naked "Thread >

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 39-Official Team 39 Thread

zubba if I shoot a decent buck this year we might have to meet in the middle of IA and you can get some more practice!!!
Damn, that sounds good. About 15 minutes ago I just bought a coyote cape of taxidermy.net. I think I'm going to do a pedestal mount on it. There is so many things I wish I would have done different on my first mount. A lot of things I learned the hardway....especially the eyes. I can't stand the eyes on my first mount. I might redo them....although I might keep them to remind me of what NOT to do again. Actually, I posted the mount on HNI in the taxidermy forum, titled 'my first whitetail mount' Again, keep in mind it was my first mount.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

zubba that looks good I would be willing to meet you half way if you give me a decent price on doing a mount for me!! you will have to let me know but no offense if I shoot my monster it is going to have to go to a trained professional(no offense)
Old 08-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

zubba that looks good I would be willing to meet you half way if you give me a decent price on doing a mount for me!! you will have to let me know but no offense if I shoot my monster it is going to have to go to a trained professional(no offense)
Believe me, no offense taken. This is actually what I have planned for the upcoming hunting season.

* If someone I know shoots a little buck I will offer to buy it from them (cape and antlers), but I get to keep it. If they end up wanting it back after the mount is done, then they can buy it back for the $ that I bought it for and the cost of my material.

* If someone shoots a descent buck they wouldn't mind having mounted, but normally wouldn't pay the 'going taxidermy rate', then I will do it for cost, but they can't complain about how it turns out. (cost in typically around $70-$90)

* if someone shoots a monster...I refuse to do it. I will simply tell them no. Maybe next year after I have some more mounts and training under my belt.

I have been recieveing lessons from a local taxidermist, and will probably even help him out this coming year.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah, an update from about our avatar.....I sent Ryan A another PM, but haven't heard anything back yet.

I also seen Elkslayer makes avatars, so I contacted him also. He emailed me this morning and said he is slowly getting to it. I guess between haveing a couple jobs, a full-time dad, and helping out around the community after a tornado hit....we certainly can't blame the guy.

So whoever gets me one first, I will PM the other guy and tell him to stop and save his time. I will let you know when I hear more.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been recieveing lessons from a local taxidermist, and will probably even help him out this coming year.
My uncle and me have been doing the same thing exept were doing birds. The taxi said he absolutly hates doing birds. He's mostly a deer, elk , and bear guy since thats about all he hunts himself and he said since we hunt birds a lot he knows how they look better. So this winter we'll be taking a few birds from him because he is just crazy busy with working at the Kohler Company 1st shift then having all these mounts to do. We were more than happy to help.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

We were more than happy to help.
Yes, it is a lot of fun.. A lot of work, but fun. I quickly found out a good taxidermist definitly earns/deserves $450-$500 for a good mount.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

my skin iches I can't sleep I am moody could it be my crack addiction probably not it might just be that bow season starts in 15 days 8hrs and 37 seconds not that I am counting
Old 08-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Finally got some decent trail cam pics. I think this is the buck I have been seen a few times near my timber. This is about 30 yards from where I killed my buck last year. Any guesses on a score?

A few others

Old 08-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Typical Buck

Nice looking buck.
Pictures are a little dark to try and score.
Aw who the hell am I fooling, I can'tkeep score bowling

Seriously it is a good looking buck
Old 08-31-2007, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dude, that is freakin' awesome. I love it. We will have to see what the team says about it. Wow, you do awesome work. Thanks a lot.

Quick Reply: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.