Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 39-Official Team 39  "Buck Naked "Thread >

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 08:59 PM

Default RE: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Nice shot IR. That pic is great too. Congrats!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

What would you guys and girls do. In Wisconsin, to hunt bear, they use the preference point system. The bear area is broken into 4 units....A, A1, B, C. B is out of the question....so it is between zone A or C. (If you draw a zone A tag, you can also hunt A1)

The preference point drawing for zone C starts at 4 points. The preference point drawing for zone A starts at 7 points....however, about 25% of the people with 7 points won't get drawn. The bear hunting is a lot better in zone A than it is zone C.

I have 7 points going into next years drawing. I'm getting excited to go, so I thought about applying for a zone C tag because I would be gauranteed a tag vs. there being a small chance of not being drawn in zone A. But the hunting is a lot better in Zone A. What would you do?
Old 09-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Id hold off for Zone A. Were we hunt in Price County they kill more bears every year than any other county. Id rather have a Zone A tag and pretty much gaurantte that I'll have a shot at a trophy bear. Your almost there points wise so IMO Id hold off for Zone A. Im a long way from a tag. I just have 1 point. But I was talking with some family and friends about going up to Saskatchewan for a bear hunt. That would be very cool.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

Zubba, think of it as letting that young buck pass for the next year or two.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, you guys are exactly right. An extra year would definitly be worth a trophy bear. But hey, I guess there is still a good chance I will get drawn. Thanks guys.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

waiting is definetly the best bet! you never want to settle just because you can get something when you can hold out and get something better.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Went out tonight and hadwhat I thought was a nice size doe turned out to be a good size button buck.
Not what I was looking for, so he gets a pass for the next couple of years.
He stuck around for a good half hour, got some video of him as well.

Here is a link to some video of him as well
http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r34/sidewayshunt/?action=view&current=9-22button.flv

Old 09-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

that right there is what makes deer hunting so enjoyable just being that close to a wild animal. I had a big bodied spike come right in under my stand sunday could have spit on him(lol). going out tonight it is in the low 80's but there is a storm coming in tonight supposedly so I am going to see if they will be moving with this storm coming in. Had to paint all day just to go out tonight(gotta keep the wife happy) so hopefully it will be a productive day!!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

here is a pic of that spike that I seen sunday

Old 09-24-2007, 11:43 PM
Fork Horn

well tonight did not turn out good at all I was in my treestand for maybe 20 min at the most when I get a phone call(yes I take my cell with me) and my wife got called into work because someone at her shop had gotten some virus that is extremely contagious and everyone was freaking out about it so I had to rush home to watch my daughter, and of course just as soon as I get home and it gets dark here comes the rain showers!!!! oh well such is life there is always tommorow!!!

Quick Reply: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.