Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread! >

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Old 09-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Sorry to here that LitteChief but alot can happen in a month I'm not counting you out
Old 09-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Chief.. After two back surgeries and another one on the way I got a permit from the powers that be to use a crossbow last season. My first love will always be my compound but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
I did shoot an old beat up buck last year along with a fat doe so I do like the Xbow. I am trying to get back on track with my Hoyt Vortex but I have to drop the poundage way back. I don't think the bow will go to 45lbs which might be alright so on cold days I will use the crossbow and on warm ones will use the compound.
It sure does not take as much practice to get pretty good with the Xbow but it's still only a 30 yard weapon which is just fine for me. Good luck and let me know if you go the Xbow route.
Good luck when yah go under the knife...The surgery was better than the pain that leads up to it..
Old 09-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

This was last years beast. Older than dirt and could not pick up his ear as the deformed antler was pinning it down. Looked like the side broken off would have been a nice eight. Still wondering what messed him up so bad. might have had an injury to the oposite side of his body. Odd...

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/3508/p1020215kf9.jpg
Old 09-12-2007, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, Planter,
The surgery doesn't worry me. The pain afterwards doesn't worry me either. It's the six weeks not being able to use right arm. This process has hit a snag, though. The Bureau of Naval Personnel is saying that under current regulations, I can't be extended on active duty to allow for recovery time. I'm waiting on a determination, but if they say that I have to retire on time on 30 November even if I have the surgery, then I'll have to wait to get it done some time in the future. I know I need to have it done, but I can't afford to retire and be laid up. Can you imagine interviewing for a job with your arm in a sling and immobilized by a frame?
Anyway, I've already been considering the crossbow option. Most of my hunting will be in TN and AR, and crossbows are legal in both states, so I wouldn't have to jump through any hoops if I went that route.
The buck in that pic did have a wierd rack, didn't he? How old do you think he was?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Planter, Nice buck, and good luck with your crossbow.

P.S.
Planter, "Do you guys really need the 10th guy???"
8pt~bowhunter: Do you?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, fellas, this is it. I'm headed out to Missouri to set up camp and get ready for Saturday. Hopefully my next post will have pics attached! Best of luck to all of you.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck to ya LittleChief , I'll be rooting and praying for you.
Have a good time and be careful , take it easy on that right shoulder.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

Tomorrows the big day! Went & checked a couple spots today to try & decide where I'll sit in the morning. Didn't help much but I ruled out one spot for lack of sign compared to the others.
Wish me luck!
Old 09-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck leverdude , I hope you get a big one be safe out there.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same for me guys! Leaving tommorrow to go hunt all weekend, I'm pumped!

Quick Reply: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.